Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dirt drags???

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jimdawg185 
#1 ·
over the past wkend i was at a local county fair and they had diesel drags i was asked to take part in the event,and i agreed to do it there were 9 trucks in the event (not a lot but it was the fairs first time) 5 cummins,3 duramax,and me the lone powerstroke. they lined us up at one end of the pulling track and we went 200ft first one passed the line advanced double elimination. it was pretty fun and everybody involed had fun. i finished 2nd got my entry fee back plus some. my question is this have they always done dirt drags for diesels or is this something new that they are trying.i live in northwest ohio and would love to get started in dirt drags i would like more information on this subject if anyone knows anything about it,and do they sanctions races in this field any and all information would be greatly appreciated. and thank you

#2 ·
64 trucks racing there that night. I got 3rd with my obs. lots more links to racing on right side.

#3 ·
#6 ·
thanks goodstktbo and a sweet ride,i really want to get into this big time,plus build a pretty radical street trk.I would also like to get some advice on how guys that dirt drag are setting these trks up. I have a 2001 f350 c.c. long bed the only mods to my trk so far are 4inch off the turbo back,afe2,delete,6pos chip w/custom tunes (swamps) and a 6inch lift w/37s, getting ready to build traction bars also. I was also wandering if they dirt drag for points also. i hope in the later part of this fall or early spring to do a build to the trk for next year (i hope) thanks again any information would be greatly appreciated

#7 ·
Any in the SouthEast?

#8 ·
The dirt drags up from where I am from started when the snow mobile guys wanted to race in the summer. Everything just kinda fell into place and it is a huge deal up at Silver Lake dunes and such. They do have a points race just like the sled pulls.

The best set up is paddles, but not too aggressive with a little less aggressive ones on the front. The mickey thomsons are not bad either. Each track will respond differently than the next. Super SSwamper ssrs might work as well, but most of the top guys up north run paddles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.