Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift Question

713 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Ok so my truck is an 03 and i'm going to be getting a lift for it. So my question is I have seen these coil over kits and I'm wondering if there worth the coin. I mean for about 900-1300 bucks I can have a good quality leaf spring kit minus shocks. I'm wondering if it will make all that much of a differance. My stock suspension with a frotn add a leaf is terrible anymore. I need something better.

#2 ·
Take off the add-a-leaf and use a hanger kit with Bilsteins..you will love the difference.

Only way a coil front suspension is better is when 4 link arms are used as the stock radius arms bind.

$ link C/O kits are available but $$$, cheaper to convert to '05 up axles and suspension.

If I can help PM me.

Cary

#3 ·
Well I see that the price is somewheres around 3K for a 4 Link conversion for these trucks, but I'm asking if its worth the cash or if I would be better off with a normal leaf spring system. I take it my current setup is pretty well crappy when compared to adding in the hangers and/or adding a new suspension system in all together.

#5 ·
I'm looking at getting a 4" lift and throwin 35's Under it. I currently have all stock suspension leafs using the add-a-leaf leveling kit for the front. THe shocks are Rancho 9000's but they are a few years old. If i'm buying tired and a good quality lift kit, then I dont mind shelling out for billstien shocks... since there pretty much the best.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.