Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

t6 chip and stock engine

7K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  beachbilli 
#1 ·
alright guys ordered a 6pos chip from swamps last night.wondering how much of a difference its really going to make.I'm pretty stock with only exhaust and 4.10 gear..so what kinda power did you guys get when you put your chip in?

#2 ·
i got some good power for a couple hundred miles, then blew my tranny.

Good luck.

And i hope you plan on guages or even a downpipe soon.;)

On Edit: is your truck a 99 or an obs? you posted in the 94-97 obs section but your name suggests a white 99. If you do have a 99, is it an early 99 or late 99.

#3 ·
Had an e99 now have 97 obs

#4 ·
You will fell a diff. :) I would open up the intake, the stock air box is restrictive.
When you upgrade the injectors you will be very happy 

#5 ·
Already have a downpipe on it..guages are next

#6 ·
When i installed my TW i only noticed an increase in throttle response and shifting, It uses the lockup alot more than stock tunes. Other than that theres no differnce here. Im also at 180k with stock worn out fuel pump, inj. and hpop

Jared

#16 ·
My 96 had the same response, I assumed worn pump as well. Turns out I clean the ECM contacts to much. I soldered each contact to build up and give something for the chip to grip. Runs outstanding now, 0-60 in 6 and change 16.5 mpg. Let that be a lesson the OP doesn't have to learn. Just clean with a scotch brite and leave the pocket knife in your pocket.

#8 ·
I've got a fresh 110,000 on her

#10 ·
What's the 6637 kit?

#18 ·
:swordfight:i was just estimating on the high side lol those large clamps are expensive in my neck of the woods i will even give you that they are around 5 bucks a piece meaning ten bucks, you still are at 75 ish ... but hey this is what forums are for and ppl will always have diff of opinions and buddies that can hook them up on certain things... but either way going back to what the op was asking this kit or make your own intake will really let your truck breathe... I have even seen guys buy stock 6.0l intakes and run them on 7.3's .... 7.3 intakes are a tad restrictive

#19 ·
I refuse to pay for something I can make myself. I use to fab sh!t all the time when I would work on a WS or some other thrown together truck that wasnt easy to source parts for.

Not everybody operates that way though(in response to cntryboyrob's response). To each their own. Id build it too though.

#20 ·
hahahaha sorry to cause the debate about the filter haha but thanks for the help..im going to make it myself lol u guys are cracking me up

#22 ·
so will any ordinary exhaust shop have 4in pipe? i thought normally only deal with 3in max..we have a few shops here like midas, big als do you think they will have it?

#29 ·
holyyyyy crapppppppppppp!!!! installed the chip and buil the intake..all i can say is swamps and the travis f350 tune kickasss! swamps was the way to go ..injectors next

#30 ·
Glad to hear!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.