Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

just put in new injectors, tubo, tuning, and fuel system got problems!!

6K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  blk97power_stroker 
#1 ·
97 obs cc f-350. air dog 150gph 45-75 psi adjustable, turbo is a s300 built by bell turbo (same as wide open performance qssb), custom mounting kit, 250cc/100% hybrid injectors, di 6-pos chip, adrenaline hpop, intercooled, water meth, etc.

here is the problem. just got tubo kit done. drove it to make sure everything worked like i wanted. good to go. today i put in the injectors and the diesel innovation 6-pos chip. run good on my second to highest setting. the highest setting if i hammer on it wide open as soon as i hit about 30 psi of boost it starts to chug. like someone shut the fuel off and turned it back on. if you let out it goes back to normal. it will do this in the second to highest setting as well if i roll into the throttle from lugging it and then hold it wide open for a period of time. i thought it was air in the fuel and or oil system but the engine starts fine now and runs better then after i first fired it up so i know it is not air in oil or fuel.

also i have 64psi of fuel pressure at an idle and i have the regualtor cranked down. it is an aeromotive, the one everyone normally uses.

this is the three things i have narrowed it down to.

#1- running out of fuel at high rpm and high boost levels.
#2- running out of oil in the high setting due to the amount of fuel it is driving
#3- bad tuning and needs to be re-tuned.

let me know if anyone has an input on this..

thanks brandon

See less See more
#2 ·
#1- running out of fuel at high rpm and high boost levels.
#2- running out of oil in the high setting due to the amount of fuel it is driving
#3- bad tuning and needs to be re-tuned.
Looks about right.
Install a fuel pressure gauge and see if psi drops.
Install a High Pressure Oil Gauge and see if psi drops.
Try other tunes and see what happens.

#3 ·
If you have a scan tool I would watch map and ICP.

#10 ·
no codes. no engine light. the high setting as soon as i get to about 30-35 psi it chokes. the second highest setting i can run right up to 33 psi fine but when i run it up there and hold it for a short period of time it will again start to choke.

but the second highest setting only put out about 30-33 psi. the highest setting tries to hit 35 plus but chokes.

#13 ·
we just went for another spin and at wot fuel drops to 30psi with airdog 45-75 psi. we have the pump and regulator cranked and can only get 60psi. biggest worry is fuel pressure and low oil pressure. with out chip (di tunes)only goes down to 50 psi.

so do i have fuel problem, chip problem, map sensor problem, or ipr problem.

or a combo of many

this is brandon

#17 ·
You oil and fuel pressures could be better but they are not making the truck run like you describe. I think Matt has the right call here. Watching MAP with a scan tool might be telling. I have a Dieselsite Boost Relief Valve out in the garage as I recall I would sell if you are interested.

#18 ·
how much do you want for it shipped to oregon

thanks

#20 ·
I sent you a PM on the Dieselsite part.

#21 ·
would deff start with boost fooler but the fuel psi dropin to 30 would bother me too.out of the pump shoul be 68-70 on the return like 62psi thats what i run on my fass and mine barley moves down on any tune and runs pretty good

#22 ·
thats what is bothering me too. this is the airdog 45-75 psi adjustable pump with filters. with the pump cranked up and the regulator cranked up i can only at best get 62 psi.

#23 ·
u should have the regulator set at 62 and the pump 65ish, if it drops like u say maybe a bad pump what u using stock fuel lines?

#24 ·
thats what i was going for was 60-65 psi. i am using stock pickup lines due to dual tanks and have to go through switcher. be even at an idle i can't get more that about 60-62 psi. the line from pump to engine are 1/2 inch. i called air dog and am waiting for reply on monday

#26 ·
If your still in doubt about the map, just unplug the map line and run your truck like that. Watch your boost gauge...if you hit 30-35psi and no problems then you know what your problem was. I'm pretty sure its your map sensor acting up. I am running a boost fooler like pictured in this thread, it works great.

#27 ·
If someone else needs that boost fooler shoot me a PM.

#33 ·
that sounds like a great idea. have you run this like that. i think my problem is the air dog system returns air bubbles and foam back to tank and when under wot it does not flow enough. but two stockers would be a good idea i think

#35 ·
i believe that my air dog pump is returning so much air and foamy fuel that it is not feeding enough fuel to my injectors. i am still dropping fuel pressure.

but i have another fuel selector valve available to me so i might try it. i assume i can just t-tap into the other factory valve and same with the fuel lines.??

#36 ·
I would not use T-taps under the truck unless you have some weather tite ones.

#38 ·
i was thinking about soldering and shrink tubing them. i like that the best and i know they are not coming undone. i just wanted to see in anyone has done this before as far as using 2 stock selector valves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.