Looks vs. Performance

• A) Looks

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • B) Performance

Votes: 91 80.5%

Looks vs. Performance

4K views 58 replies 48 participants last post by  Al Mighty 
#1 ·
Dunno if this poll has ever been made before, but I wanted to see what everyone felt.
Considering that the truck would be a daily driver and used for all needs possible (i.e.- towing, daily use, etc). What would you rather have (moneys no object to achieve your dream)?

A) A truck that looks like it came out of a magazine at all times. Your preference, lifted, lowered, wheels, tires, tint, custom grille, stereo, hand stitched interior, you name it! Full blown show winner!

OR

B) A truck that can pull up and spank anything you look at. Face shifting kind of power, low 12s at the push of a pedal and 10s with the bottle mixed in, smack down 1000+ on the dyno, roast tires through all gears, pull in any sports car you can think of and watch them disappear!

I was going to add a C and have "best of both" but I don't think it'd be fair. This is a one or other type of poll. If you had to go down a one way road, which one would you take and why?

well? what would you rather have in your drive way?
of course... it's a Ford to begin with in this poll ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
I picked looks. I would rather have a nice clean truck that I could be proud of. Now it may not be the fastest lil effer around but it gets what I need done and it looks good doin it. 10k in performance vs 10k in custom mods can take you two different ways.

#4 ·
Tough call for me! I'm gonna go ahead and say looks as long as I could have just an exhaust(for looks and sound). The power would be fun, but daily driver reliability would be iffy. This should be a fun thread!

#5 ·
Thats a hard choice. I'd like a truck that looks good but can throw down some good numbers and smoke anyone on the road.

#8 ·
How about this? If you go all performance, could you use factory Ford parts to enhance appearance? Such as Harley heads and grille? Or maybe powder coat the stock wheels or something? Just a thought...

#10 ·
Ok- giving it some thought, I like what was said above. You'd achieve your goal, looks or performance, and you'd have about 1 to 2 grand to dabble with the other choice.
Might as well have made an option C lol! But I'm leaving it at an A and B choice! Make it more fun!

#27 ·
You're one of the few that I'd gladly allow to choose option C, considering you've created just that!

Looks like PSN is pretty performance oriented for sure, cool to see where the cards are falling.

and Johnny- BB is a different animal for sure. I dug my self a pretty deep hole in the performance side but I don't mind, it's fun every time I roll into the loud pedal :evil

#17 ·
I have to say looks, if its my daily driver I wouldnt be as worried about performance.

From my last truck with all the crap I messed with on it performance wise I had a lot of problems and its my daily driver so having it down all the time sucked

With my new truck Im happy with a tune, intake and exhaust and really Im focusing more on looks

So for a daily driver its looks for me

#18 ·
Obviously B. Although i'm not putting down 500+ dyno runs or roasting tires, i am quicker than most of the guys around here that think they have something.

I do enjoy a clean looking ride though, but when im done with performance i'll start working on looks. The cheaper stylish mods have been done such as tint, vent visors, stereo, and painted grill. But those were all cheap projects.

#24 ·
Looks have to keep my DD reliable. even though I didnt have it for 83 days this year. I still say looks even though my truck moves pretty good for the size tire its running. Nate you have to go with performance because well BB isnt the normal truck.

#25 ·
Picked performance,
nothing like having a general looking truck smoke ricers whom seem to think body kits and wings give them 200 more horse LMFAO:evil

#29 ·
I would do a mix of both. Truck that looks great. And can do what I need it to do reliably.:ford:

#30 ·
I made that choice. Performance is getting there. I have owned a bunch a sleepers in my lifetime.

#31 ·
I want bolth, I can do bolth. Looks are cheaper and easier to do in my case i dont need retractable steps and full Recon lights, a big chrome star in the grill.

I Realy want a fast capible truck. But when every thing starts at a grand and goes up from there. And the real pain about it all is you need a 4k trans befor you put in the 2k injectors, inorder to get the most out of the 6k you just spent you need another 2k for a turbo. It realy sucks when you are a cash and carry person and can barley afford one mod a year.

#32 ·
I would have to go with both, which is how I am working my truck now but its just as not as well rounded as some trucks such as Rich's. I'm not the type to cry if my truck gets dirty or has to get worked but I also like to keep it clean and looking good.

For a DD if I absolutely could only choose one road it would be looks, just fewer headaches going that way I feel. Performance road just bit me in the behind for a large chunk of cash, but I still enjoy it lol.

#33 ·
I choose performance.... I took my truck 4 wheelin this past weekend... now i need two fenders, a rear passenger side door, and the passenger side bed side.... but i came home power washed it off, wiped it down, shined the tires and went on my way. priceless is to me the look on a little ricer's face as i blow him away, and then slow down and do it again........ I paid alot of money for my truck and mods, and i love to use it to the fullest.:redspotdance:

#35 ·
I would have to say performance!!! There's nothing better than a truck that looks good and goes fast but i'd rather go fast! I love seeing the look on peoples face when you beat them off the line in a lifted truck! There should be a C tho. C) All go with Lift, tires and rims!

#36 ·
Performance all day long. I'd rather have a few dents, dings, and scratches and be able to whip up on anything and everything that wants to play than have a show truck with no go... Having a show truck has just always seemed pointless to me b/c with a really flashy truck it would keep me from doing things i want to do in it like hitting mud holes and things that could hurt the paint and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.