Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What would it take to swap for a 6.4?

4K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Seabee08FX4 
#1 ·
I am getting tried of spending money on my 6.0. I found a new 6.4 for sale for $7,400. Has anyone done this swap yet?

Thanks
Douglas

#10 ·
Well it's been in the shop more times then I have fingers and toes. Only has 58k on it, Issues have been typical for the 6.0, egr failures and such, but now the turbo went out. I posted pictures in another thread. Looks like something let loose in the motor, injector tip or valve and the turbo made a fine mess of itself. I wish I still had my cat on, it might have caught it. And before anyone asked it was the exhaust side not the intake side. The question is has anyone done the 6.4 swap?

After posting it sounds like I am being a smart a@@, please don't take it that way, just really interested if someone has pulled this off. It's either this or a cummins swap. I don't think I would put another 6.0 in it.

#15 ·
i know of one other persone that is further along with the swap then me, Dont know if they got it running yet been meaning to call him, Ive been so busy i havent had a chance to work on mine!

Travis

#17 ·
pipewhiner who is a member here swapped a DT360 into his 2001'ish F350. Much cooler than a cummins swap and the DT motor makes the cummins look like a toy. Plus... it's still international!!! I believe Carson Stauffer out of PA helped him a bit with some of the machine work and what not. It's pretty well documented in the conversion section. I know it's the way I would go if I was going to do a swap.

#23 ·
If anybody is serious about this swap I have a entire wrecked 6.4 for not too much more then the OP had priced a motor at. Plus in my experience on doing these type of swaps having the whole truck makes it ALOT easier, and alot spare parts to resale and get some money back. If anybody wants pics of the truck or more info PM me.

#26 ·
pm me with the details on the wrecked truck,

and the guy you posted the link to is the guy i know that is the only other guy who has started a project, i need to call him

Travis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.