Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

stage 2 injectors

9K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Short Bus 
#1 ·
What supporting mods would i need if i went with stage 2 injectors? could i use a modded 17* hpop? would i need to upgrade my fuel system? how about that new comp turbo or a d66? How much more power will i see over stage 1's

#2 ·
or what about baby swamps? what is the advantage of these over a regular stage 1 injector?

#3 ·
To see the full potential of stage 2's you would want to have a 17* or better pump, electric fuel, intercooler, and an upgraded turbo. The only numbers i know are Travis (strokin_tatsch) and he put down 351 with 1's and 380 with 2's. He also has all the supporting mods except he is still running the stock turbo.

or what about baby swamps? what is the advantage of these over a regular stage 1 injector?
The babies will be smaller i believe.

#4 ·
Stage 2's..fuel, good 17* hpop and IMO a H2e..perferably modded..fantastic turbo!

Stage 1's..see reports of up to 370
Stage 2's little over 450

I would also do valve springs , Head studs , 3" intakes and a 6.0 IC.

You will be needed a upgraded clutch.

If I can help with prices or additional info please PM me.

Cary

#5 ·
how practical would the truck be with stage 2's? could i tow without it heating up? would i get ok fuel mileage?

#8 ·
I can get around 17.5 mpg with mine, and tow anything I want. I have a "light" tow tune that makes 355 hp and won't get over 1200 degrees, plus it takes a lot of work to get it even up to there. I really like Stage 2's, they're a great all around injector.

#6 ·
i see the h2e is a holset turbo. does it come on anything stock? any chance of finding one on a wrecked vehicle or something like that?

#9 ·
well i think i have access to a 6.0 intercooler and plan on doing that even with stage 1's. it looks like ill have to come up with a lil more $$$ to use stage 2's. i saw the h2e was about 2200,not sure how much the elec fuel is, and i think i might still do a modded 17 degree oil pump if i go with stage 1's.

#10 ·
Std good condition 17* will work fine.
My truck with stage 2's and a modded h2e will if I drive nice hit 19 and tows 10k without problems in the hills..I do have a huge IC..Tapercore.

You can when finances change mod your H2e..PM me if you need additional info-prices.

#11 ·
does the h2e come on any vehicles stock? any chance of finding one in a wrecking yard or are they only aftermarket turbos?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.