Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Going to Great Lakes Dragaway Aug 7th

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  genuineford 
#1 ·
Alright I am planning a trip to the track to see how my truck is doing now. I finally heard back from the track as to if they were doing a test and tune on the 7th and they are. Here is the email I got from them.

Hello, just returning some information for you. Gates open at 8am and we start running between 9 and 9:30. Parking for test and tune is in the back grassy area, as the scheduled groups have permanant parking spots. There will be open test and tune during the morning and when the show starts around 4, there is 6 scheduled test and tune runs between rounds. Test and tune will be in lane 3 all day. Jeanette runs our staging lanes, just let her know if you want a pro tree or a regular tree.
I will probably be getting to the track between 8am and 9am and try to run most of the day. Hopefully some of you can make it and run with me.

#2 ·
Great lakes dragway is about 30 minutes from me and Ive been wanting to get mine to the track too now that its all fixed. If Im back from up north in wisconsin by then I might go

#5 ·
Well I wish I was out by then but my date to be out of the Corp is one month after exactly. September 7!!! :rockwoot:

#6 ·
dang, if it could have been the 14th I would be able to make it.

#14 ·
gotta work 7-5 that day, good luck on some good passes guys

#15 ·
I just talked to my buddy Wayne with his '65 supercharged el camino, there are going to be 50+ 8sec and faster cars there for a grudge match. I may skip the wifes family reunion and try to get to this. I hope you can make it rpm-inc. keep us informed

#17 ·
I can't make it, the wife won't let me out of her family reunion :doh:
how do you embed you tube videos?

#19 ·
try this:
this is my friend Waynes '65 el camino last friday at car craft with street mufflers and 91 pump gas, procharged 572 big block chev, with a glide.

this is with an old motor 496 chev and around 400shot of nitrous

this is last fall with the procharger, he got a little better traction than planned LOL (all on 10.5" street drag radials)

anyway, Wayne will be there, I hope you guys get a chance to look at that thing, even tho' it a gasser it's something else to watch. thanks for helping me with the vids. seems like I just can't remember all the computer stuff-- brains full from electrical and mechanical crap over the years.

#20 ·
Me and my buddy eric will be there, and i mite try dragging my dad there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.