Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just another Fummins!!!

18K views 73 replies 35 participants last post by  Fummins 6.0 
#1 ·
Well I finally broke down and opted for getting rid of 2 cylinders Too bad I had to dump all of that money into the 6.0 and 5R110, now I'm using neither!

Here are the Specs
My 2006 F350+

07 5.9 CR Motor with a toasted Cylinder, rebuilt from the ground up with:

-12v Rods
-New Pistons .020 over
-110lb Valve Springs
-Fully balanced rotating assembly
-ARP Studs
-90 Horse Sticks
-Industrial Modded CP3- Still on way to me
-Diesel Pro Towing Cam
-Custom Built GOS Compounds Turbos
-5" MBRP with custom downpipe of course
-Smarty
-Edge CS Juice
-ZF6 Trans
-Southbend 3250 DD
-FASS 150
-Destroked Adapter Plate
-Destroke Billet Oil Filter Relocate kit
-Midwest Trans Short Shift
-Custom Coolant Fan setup (PM for Details)
-2 BIG Electric fans
-DiPricol Custom Black/Chrome Gauges
-Banks Intercooler
-AFE Arcflow
-Glacier Diesel Fuel Bowl Delete
-Ironbull Front Bumper with Enforcer Grilleguard
-3 KC 8" Rally Lights
-4 PIAA's
-18" REV Dirty Harry Wheels
-35" Toyo MT's
-JVC Touchscreen DVD Deck with Sirius
-2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P3 Subs
-Alpine 1000 Watt Amp
-Custom Built under-rear-seat Sub Box
-Tinted Windows
-Some Chrome;)
-Blacked out Taillights, 3rd Brake and cab lights

I set it up looking for a 650ish horse daily driver to drag my toys around with! Enjoy

See down below VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvV

See less See more
#12 ·
Running the Smarty to help bump Rail Pressure and Torque management, and the Edge for on the fly adjustability!

Nice, i do vote for a chrome delete. But still a very nice rig!
I'm sorta a chrome whore:postwhore2:

Why couldn't you use the 5R110?
I didn't want to mess with a PCS and the extra added BS of trying to run the Ford 5R110. It seems that they are never right, shift patterns are always scattered and who knows when it would leave you on the side of the road?!? I just ditched it and went with a ZF6 and a DD clutch. This way it will always shift just how I want it to!

#5 ·
Nice job. Looks like it's factory.

#16 ·
I can't touch your level of clean lol

looks good Steel!

5R's are a huge pile of crap and do not like to be told what to do..
Behind the 6.0 they aren't bad, but it seems that they don't take to any aftermarket controllers very well!

looks awesome!! and exactly what I wanna do one of these days.

Any reason for going with the ZF6 and adapter plate instead of one of the dodge transmissions?
I went with the Ford trans because- my transfer case will bolt right up to it, My electronic 4 wheel drive on the dash will still work without having to swap the front half of the tcase. Plus the Ford ZF trannies are much more heavy duty than the dodge manual trannies.

#15 ·
looks awesome!! and exactly what I wanna do one of these days.

Any reason for going with the ZF6 and adapter plate instead of one of the dodge transmissions?

#19 ·
Just out of curiosity, what would it cost to do this? I dont plan on doing it now but what is the average to have a 5.9 swapped into a Ford?

#20 ·
Well now that is a loaded question!:eek: For a ballpark figure, say you bring me your truck, I will provide you with a low mileage motor and manual trans, do the conversion and include all parts for about $25000. That also includes a few mods such as gauges, full custom built exhaust, full custom built intake, a Smarty, and a few other goodies to go with it so you don't leave with a stock truck. It all depends on how wild you want to get with it. :poke:

#21 ·
Nice job,awesome truck!
Love the conversion.:evil

#35 ·
Hell no, a 6.4 would NOT make any sense at all:confused:. I loved my twinned 12v superduty, and if I ever do another one it will be a 5.9 cr. Just look at the two engines, the 5.9 looks like a model T compared to a 6.4. The cr has had problems with rpm limits, but looks like Bean has got that all figured out.

#41 ·
Well for those of you who have been wondering what the ol' girl will lay down on the rollers... I finally got to find out this weekend! We left late Friday nite and got down to Salt Lake for Industrial's Dyno Day event around 3AM Saturday morning... but well worth the drive. She made 731 horse to the ground! You can bet I was running around like a little school girl with a big chit eatin' grin on my face!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.