Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 F250 lift

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
I am looking to lift my truck in the near future. I want to put a six inch lift with 37's. Which lift will give me close to an OEM ride as possible? ALso if you have a lift can you tell me what you do or don't like about it?

#2 ·
Stock ride quality..most all will do that but I'd want a better ride quality..that takes a 4 link swap as the radius arms bind and don't handle bumps well. Pure Performance 6.5" lift comes with them std. PM me if you would like additional info or prices.

#4 ·
jkdeges,

You do not need a 4-link suspension conversion in order to have outstanding ride quality. Properly engineered spring rates, shock tuning, and suspension geometry are the critical factors. In fact most 4-link "upgrades" introduce bump steer into the steering geometry. I have extensive experience driving on the Icon 7" system and am completely confident in stating that is offers a significant improvement in ride quality over stock. This improvement is in both on-road ride quality and off-road performance. Here are a few examples:

#5 ·
The ICON kit ride great with the stock arms. Add the 4 link and it is one of the best riding lifts out there. I have not done a RCD on the 05 but the last leaf spring RCD rode very well. A close competitor to the ICON leaf lift.

#6 ·
The ICON kit ride great with the stock arms. Add the 4 link and it is one of the best riding lifts out there. I have not done a RCD on the 05 but the last leaf spring RCD rode very well. A close competitor to the ICON leaf lift.
I have an RCD 4" on my 05 and I think it most certainly rides nice, much better than stock. At the same time though, maybe its due to my crew cab long bed, but the RCD 4" seems to be about 1" or so lower than a crew cab short bed with an Icon 4.5" Kinda wanna go up higher now at some point, but otherwise RCD kit seems to be a good solid kit

#11 ·
All are great kits and I sell them all but a 4 link kit will ride better that the stock radius arm's any day..hit a bump with one wheel doesn't matter the kit the stock arms won't like it at all. RCD 6" kit comes with 4 link arms also stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.