Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need Rear Blocks

995 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  stroker2 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I put a 2.5" levelling kit on my truck a while ago that I had off my old truck, and it seems it was too much lift for my current truck. The front now sits a little higher than the back and the truck looks like its sagging a bit. However, I need the lift to clear 35" tires, so I'm looking for rear blocks to even it out. The problem is that I've never lifted a back end before so I have no idea how much lift I need.

If you've been through this, please let me know what you did, how big you went, and how it looked. I would ideally like the truck to sit as level as possible but if there is a mild lean forward I wouldn't care. I see a lot of people going with 4 inch blocks, but I'm worries that's too much. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

#2 ·
you could get a block off of a 1 ton which is 3.5". thats what i did along with my 2.5in leveler. I like the look because it still has a little bit of rake os it wont squat too bad with a little weight in the bed but thats just my preference. I dont have any pics of it right now though.

#3 ·
That's what I'd prefer as well, a slight forward rake. I just didn't know how much to go with. I didn't want to spend the money and barely change it or on the other hand go way to far with it. So stock 1-ton blocks are 3.5"? I guess its between that and 4" blocks. Anyone have pictures or experience with either?

#4 ·
I do along with a 2in leveler and its about 1.5" higher in the rear than the front. I will try and get ya some pics when i get a chance

#5 ·
here is stock height

Her is a 2.5in leveler and 4in blocks. I dont have any pics yet of the 3.5in blocks. There isn't much differece between the two though. Sorry for the crappy phone pic on this one

#6 ·
Wow, those pictures are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. The 4" looks good but the rake is a hair more than I'd like so I think the 3.5" should be perfect. Also, will my stock u-bolts be long enough or do the 1-tons come with longer ones from the factory? Thanks again.

#7 ·
not sure on that one. I just used the u-bolts that i got with the 4" block kit. And keep in mind that the back of my truck is sitting on higher ground in the second pic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.