Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Welders

850 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  sick97psd1 
#1 ·
Well I am going to be doing some fabricating this summer so I need a tig welder. I do not have 230v near the work site so 120 would be preferable but I could run a 100ft cord for 230 with a welder that can accept a possible voltage or amp drop from the cord length. So I will be teaching myself to tig so I dont want to wreck a really nice welder either, I can stick and mig but I am doing some alum piping. So what suggestions do yall have. I was looking at the maxforce 150 and the Lincoln V155-S.

#3 ·
Miller Syncrowave 200 is what we have...it's verrrry nice, and quite intuitive to use.

we put off purchasing a tig for years...one for the cost, and second, because we had gotten along fine with a mig for so many years.

I hunted and hunted, & researched for days/weeks..and the SW200 was the best for the money...

and it's a lot of money...but its a lot of welder...

and we use the MF'r for just about eeevvveryyything...

need some random-ass hybrid SAE to metric high pressure hydraulic fitting? done.

#5 ·
X2 the syncrowave is way easy to operate for the first timers and has pulse mode to lower heat imput:blah::blah:....anyways its a great all around welder for everything. I weld for a living but there is no aluminum in refineries but if there was i would want a syncrowave...........

#4 ·
I have a Miller Dynasty 200 dx . Good all around machine , auto voltage 120-480 volt , just wire it up and it does the rest .

#7 ·
I don't think 2g's is to much to spend on a good welder. I was looking at 15 for the more portable ones. That syncrowave looks nice. Thanks for the input fellas!

I think the thickest I will be tig'in will be about that. Most will be stainless j pipe for the header and IC piping. The only thing that will be real thick is the exhaust flange, but I may have a solution for that.

#9 ·
dynasty 200dx like said above great machine 120-480 single to three phase plug and play. the aluminum capabilities with the inverter based machines are very nice also. I use mine soo much, and you can weld off a small generator also. I am almost done building my barn all with the dynasty stick welding, about to start on about 2000' of pipe fence. get the foot pedal if your learning also much easier than the hand control.

syncro's are 220 only iirc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.