Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

race

5K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  Smoker00 
#1 ·
i just chipped my 97 cc lb 4x4 5speed with a power hungry chip. its tuned for stage 1's but i only have the stock injectors for now. i ran against my freinds 12 valve 4x4 speed dodge single cab. all hes done is turn screws and mess with all the little fueling adjustments he has not bought anything aftermarket .
i have slightly bigger tires but i thought i would pull away from him, his dodge suprised me and kept up about dead even. Do these obs fords weigh alot more than the old dodges?

#2 ·
Not so much the weight as the fact that p pump 12vs can make 400 horse with no aftermarket parts if its the right year. Even ve pump trucks can put down pretty decent numbers with stock parts.

#7 ·
ummm Im not to sure about that statement?

#4 ·
i figured it wouldnt be much higher than that, thats impressive a 12 valve can put down those numbers with stock parts.

#5 ·
The shop down the road here has had half a dozen trucks dyno between 385-412hp with just a pump tune and gov springs. I wanna say 300rwhp or so for a ve pump

#30 ·
Dont forget- Lift pump, studs, intake, exhauast, gauges, converter, nos-or another turbo, dowel pin fix, and bigger hard fuel lines.

#14 ·
225 * .15 = 33.75
225 - 33.75 = 191.25

you're making 190-195 hp at the wheels stock IF your engine is still running as good as it was from the factory, which isn't likely at all if it has ANY amount of miles.... chances are most of these 7.3s are making 175-180hp at the wheels stock, tunes, intake, exhaust, etc will only get you to ~250hp unless its a cali truck, then i think i've heard ~280-290 is possible

#13 ·
its usually about a 15% drop in your drivetrain if you got a halfway good trans. so yea i would say 250-265 would be about it

#15 ·
225 * .15 = 33.75
225 - 33.75 = 191.25

you're making 190-195 hp at the wheels stock IF your engine is still running as good as it was from the factory, which isn't likely at all if it has ANY amount of miles.... chances are most of these 7.3s are making 175-180hp at the wheels stock, tunes, intake, exhaust, etc will only get you to ~250hp unless its a cali truck, then i think i've heard ~280-290 is possible
Isnt the percentage of drivetrain loss a little less with a manual over an auto?

#19 ·
i even seen on banks website one time a bone stock dyno graph of 178 for an obs.

#21 ·
Okay just so im understanding correctly, at the very best my truck is prolly no more than 190 rwhp, intake, aftermarket exaust and the very best chip or tuner that money can buy prolly 250 and no more than 260?? btw my truck isnt from cali. Well I was under the impression from a earlier post ( i look to see if i can find it) that I could get to 275-290 with the above stated mods.

#24 ·
what code injectors is in the super duties?

#27 ·
:whs:

I'd guess closer to 160- 170 rwhp on a bone stock OBS. Not modded, bone stock. And IMO, on a stock truck, intake, and exhaust in not gonna gain much if any. Add fuel then it helps out, but just sayin.
Last 95 with aa codes I worked on got a PHP chip through swamps and Dave told me about 200-225 +/- rwhp was the limit.
What was the average hp per cc? Like 2.3 ?

90cc inj x 2.3= 207 or something like that.

#32 ·
explain "split shot" to me. ive never really understood it

#33 ·
Internal workings of the injector are made so that instead of just one injection event all at once, its split into one small shot, then another bigger shot of fuel.
Lowers emissions, runs quieter. Gets less MPG also.

The newer common rail stuff I believe they do the same thing only its all in the electronics. Same reasons.

Single shot , is just that. All the fuel is injected in one single continuous event.

#34 ·
shots a small primer shot in before it blows its load. some of the cr even have 4 events.

#37 ·
who would want to burn up a p-pump by not puttin a lift pump on when shooting for much power.

#38 ·
You might be able to do 600 on a stock lift pump but I wouldnt give it much more. 6.4s are lookin pretty strong for king btw..
Seems like they lost the crown when the dmax came around. Our last dyno day there was not a cummins in the top 10. Diesel power challenge is the proof. Lets see how that grey 12 valve does.

Also 800 with a stock lift pump. LOL
never said it was a smart idea, just said guys have done it without too many problems... and seriously.. we're gonna dwell on every little mod? the 12v still rules hp, track times, torque, and sled pulling.. the dmax has A LONG WAY to go to catch up... you saw 1 dyno event recently where there was no cummins in the top 10? whoopdie freakin doo... there have been dyno events that even a 600hp 7.3 can win, doesn't mean that's what happens at the majority of events... and the DPC is a joke, if it was really the toughest, most powerful trucks, you'd see some of these 1300+ and 1400+ hp cummins guys competeing

#45 ·
Biased ? maybe, stupid? no......Say what you want, but 12 valves are very hard to beat if its all out competition. Street drivability, maybe not so much, mpg probly not that great, but for power, and rpm ability.........

The street manners is the wonderful thing about electronic stuff.:D
A simple twist of the knob and goes from trailer hauler to drag racer, or sledpuller. Cant really do that with a 12 valve. But come saturday night, that stupid cummins is GONNA be in the top of its class, unless idiots are in charge of it.
As much as I love my 7.3, and they HAVE come a long way, for all out hp, ....well, you know..................

Given enough time you could probably make a vw rabbit diesel motor make enough power to run up front, but I aint gonna live that long.:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.