Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08 axles where to look??

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
Wondering if any of you guys got some tips on where to look for a set of 08 axles to swap in to my 96'

And if any experience what kine price am I looking at?

Just tossing Ideas.. having a hard time finding a d60 to replace my TTB..

#2 ·
You can actually go 05 and up. Doesn't have to be 08.

Salvage yards are a good place. I went to few here locally and found many axle sets.

#3 ·
05 and up are all the same? Or what was changed in between?

No salvage yards here.. At least not with any thing newer then 2000 or any thing other than a toy or honda for that matter

Where are you located? maybe I can send you as my minion!

#4 ·
I have done this for going on 2 years now since I first did my '97. Have helped a couple of others do this swap and we provided the required parts. Some changes to axles from '05-11, brake sizes, brake cables, sway bar mounting etc..if I can help PM me.

#6 ·
Ride quality, mass lift kit availability, Better turning radius, bigger brakes (disc front and rear) and Easier to find than an OBS Dana 60 in most places.

Most importantly, it completely does away with the TTB front axle on the OBS F250.

#10 ·
Depends on the year of the axles..but welding will be required. I also like to bolt and weld my suspension brackets.

Ride quality is better with a RS kit and V-B codes untill you add 4 link arms to the '05 up suspension. Stock radius arms bind.

#8 ·
Its a bolt in affair, I am doing it on my 97, with 08 axles, the rear bolted in and the front I used all the 08 mounts except the stabilizer bar bracket, you need that off an 05-07 or fab one up. I'm gonna get an 8" lift and I think there will be a new bracket supplied, I believe all new suspension mounts and control arms are provided. And you can use an obs drop pittman arm you just need a cone style reaming bit to increase the tie rod hole for the 08 tie rods and keep the obs steering box.:ford: Have fun

#11 ·
I found a burnt 08 in da bush so........50$ canadian for fuel.:evil

#14 ·
oh sweet thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.