Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7" Icon lift!! NEED HELP FAST

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  nelsonar 
#1 ·
I am installing my Icon 7" lift for my 2006 F-350. It is almost done but I have a 2 questions....The first one is, I have the arched spring set instead of the block kit...I put the springs in and took the factory block out and the threads on the U-bolts do not go down far enough and there is 3 inches sticking up past the top plate. In the instructions it shows that there is no block under the springs....What am I doing wrong? Do I have the wrong U-bolts or the wrong springs?

Also, does anyone have pictures of the brake line brackets because Icon's pictures aren't that good and I can't tell how they go...

#2 ·
If you are using the stock u-bolts w/o a block the bolts will shank out before you get it tightened. Are you sure you arent to reuse the stock block? If they didnt give you new bolts then you'll have to until you get the correct size replacements. I would have specified new u bolts when I ordered it.

#3 ·
The brake lines? I dont know...take pics and post em..if its a piece of chintzy sheetmetal with a hole in it they intend for you to remove the line from the stock frame mount and put that thing in the stock location and the br line mounts to the other end. Those suck! Run it but as soon as you get that thing drivable go get some extended ss ones. Skyjacker makes em if Icon doesnt. That is really important.

#5 ·
I think they are the 5" spring...That is what comes with the 7" suspension lift isn't it? Also, they are new u-bolts that come with the kit...They are shorter than the stock u-bolts but they are too long without the stock spacer and too short without the spacer....What I need to know is....I got the complete springs instead of the block kit....Does the stock blocks stay in or do they come out? In the picture in the Icon instructions they don't show a block...Just the perch the springs and the top plate....If that is the case, then my u-bolts are going to shank out about 1" before they even start to tighten up.

#6 ·
The # on the springs is 38508 if that means anything...

#9 ·
*note* I have a leaf spring truck, but math should be equal.

With my setup I have 7" lift in front and 6" lift at rear using 5" leafs with 1" block, and the truck sits dead level. You might want to venture that route if you are stuck. Chances of a spring shop to make the correct size u-bolts being open on a Sunday are slim. You might have better luck getting the 1" block at a auto parts store.

#10 ·
Just got it on the ground and I have to put the stock blocks back in....It is suppose to be 5" springs in the back and 7" of lift up front but right now if I put the stock block back in (which is 3 3/4") then it is going to have 2" of rake and it is suppose to be sitting level

#14 ·
Exactly what Dan said. The F350 uses a 3 5/8" block, where a F250 has a 2" block. The truck from the factory has almost 2" more of rake if its a F350 instead of F250.If you dont want the rake, find someone with a set of F250 (2" blocks)

#19 ·
Well, got it done and it is setting level...I did have to put the F-350 blocks back in and I was able to use the stock U-bolts...There is only about an inch sticking out of the top of the nuts so I think that is good...I did put the Icon TEI spacers in the front so there is little to no rake at all....

I must say that what a huge difference from a 6" lift that I have seen on these trucks to an 8" lift. This thing is massive! :rockwoot:

As soon as I get the ORU traction bars on (probably tomorrow night) I will get some pictures and post them for you guys...Thanks again for all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.