Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Going Wide Open

70K views 478 replies 78 participants last post by  Thuglike 
#1 ·
Since I've been receiving PM's in mass quantities the past two weeks about the truck I figured I'd start a thread to keep ya'll up to date on the build:

*** is picking up my rag from Truck Toyz this weekend to transport it back to Utah to get things all finished up. Huge thanks to RockinJW, Zane, and Sak for making this happen!!!

Jacoby is taking a vacation on my dime this weekend. Breakin in his '10 6.4 like a champ LOL

Big thanks to everybody that's lent a hand in making things happen. I can't thank alot of you enough for your time and effort.

*This is not a smack talk thread so please do not turn it into one*

#3 ·
good luck man.

hope everything works out for you this time.

#4 ·
Glad to see you got it in good hands now.

#5 ·
Good to hear that the truck is going to good hands and will be getting completed.

#10 ·
Full on race engine and possibly a set of triples, funds allowed.

Stack of 100s. It's a start.
Your my favorite ruckin fetard

Picking the truck up from Sak tomorrow afternoon. Had 350 miles on my new 2010 truck when we left town last night, got over 1400 miles on her now. Spending the night somewhere in the middle of Texas.

We'll take of you're little hot-rod Steve, no worries.
Im not worried in the least. Ya'll have stepped up to the plate in a big way!

I still don't like Dearden, just sayin :poke: LOL

#8 ·
Since I've been receiving PM's in mass quantities the past two weeks about the truck I figured I'd start a thread to keep ya'll up to date on the build:

*** is picking up my rag from Truck Toyz this weekend to transport it back to Utah to get things all finished up. Huge thanks to RockinJW, Zane, and Sak for making this happen!!!

Jacoby is taking a vacation on my dime this weekend. Breakin in his '10 6.4 like a champ LOL

Big thanks to everybody that's lent a hand in making things happen. I can't thank alot of you enough for your time and effort.
*This is not a smack talk thread so please do not turn it into one*
Stack of 100s. It's a start.

#15 ·
Looking forward to meeting you. I would reccomend the triples and be happy to take you for a drive in mine!

#18 ·
Same here bro. Hopefully I can make it down there next weekend to go over the reconstruction with Zane and the *** crew

Steve - It's great to see that your truck is on its way to an honest and competent shop. I know you will be happy with how *** treats you and your rig. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Thanks Anthony.

Huge Thanks to Sak and RockinJW again for their work today!!!

#25 ·
Off topic... But did you just strap the truck tires down with those straps? Or did you secure it some other way? I am going to be hauling my OBS back to Colorado and have been looking at what type of straps I will need to have... Any input would be great...

Sam

#17 ·
Steve - It's great to see that your truck is on its way to an honest and competent shop. I know you will be happy with how *** treats you and your rig. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

#19 ·
Off topic, but what size is that trailer?

#22 ·
Alright guys, made it back into San Antonio with the truck. When the mapquest said it was only 1500 miles from SLC to Kingsville, I thought 'Ah, that ain't bad.' :doh:

Have had good weather and the 6.4L is turning out to be a great tow rig. Still double digit mileage and egt's haven't been over 1050. Making the new truck earn it's keep though, that's for sure. And I believe the trailer is 33ft long, might be a 35 footer. *** used to use it back in the day to haul their two race trucks on, before the dragster came along and *** got the big enclosed.

#23 ·
sucks when you don't know what's going behind the scenes, but I respect you for not dragging people the the mud so to speak, good luck on your project, hopefully it turns out just the way you want it.

#28 ·
I hook to the frame and criss cross then load the suspension. I know there is a great debate on whether to do that or hook the wheels and let the truck ride on its own suspension. I'd personally rather have that truck not able to move so that all the articulation is in the trailer, not the truck.

Just my $0.02... been doing it that way for almost 10 years now.

#29 ·
I hook to the frame and criss cross then load the suspension. I know there is a great debate on whether to do that or hook the wheels and let the truck ride on its own suspension. I'd personally rather have that truck not able to move so that all the articulation is in the trailer, not the truck.

Just my $0.02... been doing it that way for almost 10 years now.
Since you were 13 Marty? LOL

#30 ·
I just hook the axles down to the trailer. If the body bounces off the suspension, I don't want it anyway.

#31 ·
Considering I was riding shotgun in a tow truck since I was about 10, and the fact that I'll be 24 in less then a month... I figured ~10 years to be pretty accurate. :poke:

#34 ·
When I used to haul my demo cars all over, we would throw the chain through the windows and compress the suspension so the body didn't move a bit. It felt way more secure while towing. When I hauled Danny's 6.0 to TS last year, we tied just the axles and you could feel it sway a bit, but it worked.

Just when you tie the frame down you need to make sure that it cannot come unhook, and that you have the suspension compressed as far as possible, otherwise when you hit bumps, the suspension will flex causing it to come unhooked, and you don't want that to happen. :/

#36 ·
on that trailer, just watch the truck drop the tow vehicle a bit and your good to go.

#37 ·

I just deleted a couple more posts. If I see anyone try and make this thread into a bash-fest again (which is exactly what the op said he didn't want), you will get time off and the thread will be closed.

And I know I sort of started it :doh:, but let's get this thread back on track about Steve's truck at ***, not load securement. :D

#38 ·
WTF??? You're a bit touchy. Is it top secret that Steve's motor is in his bed in pieces? Do I need to post in smack talk to ask a completely legit question? The weight distribution on that truck is completely different than it normally would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.