Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help asap!!!!!

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·
Truck started spewing oil everywhere!!! I could see it driping into the valley from underneith the HPOP but dont know what it is??? any ideas?? want to get a idea before i tear everything apart

#3 ·
are they on the bottom of the pump? whats the easiest way to get to them?

#6 ·
You need to clean up what you can clean up then top the oil level up in the engine. Then with the decorative cover off of the engine have somebody start it up and just look around until you see the gusher.

#7 ·
i caN see that its coming from under the hpop its dripping at a pretty good pace i am just wanting to know what people think it might be. and get a good idea. do i need to remove the fuel bolw to take the pump out? it looks that way?

#9 ·
Check the plugs on the bottom side for an o-ring that may have pushed past, should be pretty obvious though.

Use caution when removing any of the plugs as there are parts behind them and is very important that they get put back in the same as they came out. And be sure the IPR is out before removing any of them.

#10 ·
well when i could see the oil dripping it did not appear to be coming from the plugs. so here is where im at...... took the hpop resivior off pulled the front cover and the bolt....pulled one bolt from the hpop to where the gear sits. here is my next question is there anymore bolts i need to remove? why would i need to pull the fuel bowl it looks like i would be able to pull it without that? so i got all this apart but the pump wont budge???????? Im stumped and its dark anyhow

#11 ·
There are two 10mm bolt holding the pump to the timing cover. There is one above and to the right of the IPR when viewed from the front of the truck, and another on the other side (left) of the pump. Pop those two bolts out and slide the pump towards the rear until it comes free. It can be helpful to remove the pump gear before attempting to remove the pump, just gently pry it loose from the snout of the pump.

Pulling the fuel bowl just makes it much easier to remove the pump.

Good Luck.

#13 ·
well here is where i am at...... its all tore apart pump is out.But there is no obvious signs of where the leak was. It looks as though the plug i was told no to remove might be leaking or maybe the gasket(Its in good shape though):shrug: I know the leak was under the pump cause i watched it drip drip drip into the valley. What should i do? take the pump apart or buy a new gasket and hope that solves it?

#16 ·
well i finally found it i think....i took all the plugs out and one of them only had about a quater of a o-ring left in it...... here is my next question though.....are these a special o-ring or could i go get one from the auto parts store and b is it ok to reuse the gasket??????

#17 ·
I'd buy from either ford or check guzzles.com he should have them, I bet diesel site or terminator might have them also. cheap out on them and your doing it all over again.

#18 ·
If your in a bind a regular o-ring works fine as long as its the right size.
If you got another ride get it from ford, although its nothing special I know of.
I got whole pack of o-rings from napa. Havent had one start leaking again yet.
I did have one that we had to put a little locktite on to keep the stupid thing from backing out. Threads may have been pulling, but its still working fine a year later after a new o-ring, and the locktite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.