Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SOUND SYSTEM

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Turbo99 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a good site or have measurements for a subwoofer box that goes behind the rear seat of a CC? Or under? I want to get rid of my factory stuff and upgrade!! Any suggestions!?

#2 ·
SPL2K.com

#3 ·
:whs:

its either there, or get creative and build your own. Really not much room to work with behind the seat in the newer crew cabs, specially with that shoulder belt for the middle passenger and the power sliding rear window.

#4 ·
I have 4- 8" subs behind my seat in a custom box, just had to cut out the middle shoulder belt bracket.

#12 ·
I had the 4-8" in my 05' and liked it but it didn't seem to hit the deep stuff like I wanted so I got a 10" W3 and put in the centerconsole and it woke it up.

So then when I got the 08' it wouldn't fit right inthe centerconsole, so I just did the 4- 8" and found that I had my amp tunrned down and I cranked that beotch up and WOW is all I can say they sound AWSOME and way more clear than any 10 or 12, I was really impressed. The 4-8"s hit harder and more clear than it did before with the 10" added in.

#13 ·
Yeah 10's is where the sound quality is at.. I like them for that reason. But I went with 8's just cause I had them, they were new in box , and laying around in the shop.. I have never liked RF punches since day one I started messing with audio equiptment. Why? They just didn't impress me and everyone was running them at the time.

Yeah just make an amp rack or bolt the amp under the seat. I am running a ported enclosure divided in the middle , sub on each side and ported to sides.

#14 ·
I'm going w/ Memphis 5 channel, consolidating space like bigpower. Amp is going behind seat and I'll build my own sealed enclosure for under seat. I always had ported sub cabinets, till a guy turned me on to sealed boxes. Way more punch and tighter lows. The key is sizing enclosure volume to the actual sub spkr. Really wanted to throw an old 10" Kicker solo baric I had in a Chevy but it wouldn't fit so I hooked up a buddy. I'll do 8"s they'll feel fine and go good w/ 4 new door spkrs on crossovers I already put in. I left the audiophile remote tweeters in and they really sound good w/ the crossover setup, give just a little bit more dimension to the sound profile IMO.

#15 ·
A sealed enclosure over a ported might be personal preference. But the ported box built to specs of the sub and tuned port to sound the way you want would be better. You can port it to hit real low , I like them to hit all across the board due to Sound Quality. You can play most music and the subs sound outstanding.

Before I'd start on an enclosure , send this guy a email with what you want to do, subs to be used, and see what you get. He can get you hitting low without loosin quality sound.

http://pwkdesigns.com/ He can build you a set a plans to your specs. Get them in to you and start cutting, gluing, nailing in no time!!

#16 ·
Here's a link to a universal 2004-up JL Audio sealthbox with a 13.5" TW5 sub in it. It's one of the better subs on the market and has performance comparable to a W6 but with only 2" of depth. You can get the whole thing direct from JL or you local JL dealer (for a few dollars cheaper I'm sure).
I personally have a 10W7 in a custom center console I built and wrapped, but may end up switching to 2 13TWs in the near future, we'll see. I am starting to miss my console.

click the pic for the link^

Colin (Santa Gertrudis) has this sub in his truck and he's loving it, hopefully he'll chime in.

#17 ·
In my truck im running the JL Stealth Box under the rear seat, JL C5-570 components front and rear, all powered by a JL 900/5. It is so crisp and accurate, the bass can get loud, but its not obnoxious or going to be heard from blocks away. Its a great setup for quality.

In the rear put the tweeters up by the top seat belt mount and it helped out the sound alot.

#19 ·
I also replaced all the stock door mids and tweeters and added a set of tweeters in the front doors and added a set in the back above the seat belt also. Made a HUGE difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.