Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Will a Banks 61051 work on my 06?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SamW 
#1 ·
I found a deal I just cant pass up. Its the banks six gun tuner, but the model number that Im getting from him, is for an 03-04 f250, and 03-06 excursion.

I know the split is usually 03-04, then 05-07. So Im assuming this will not work, but if anybody can help me out with this, i would greatly appreciate!!!

I would like to get it today if its compatable.

#4 ·
No way! If I had an IDP SCT, what the hell would I need a banks six gun for? LMAO. I thought it was common knowledge that Erics tunes were the only to go!

I just found this deal, and thought I would run the six gun for a minute, until I got the SCT. Then use the IQ to monitor the SCT when I got it.

Can Banks update the tuner, to comply with my 06 if it isnt compatable? Of course its saturday, and nobody can answer my questions!

#6 ·
LOL.. change my sig? Thats hilarious. In my sig I put "plans", then listed the things that I wanted to do to my truck.

Its cool. I found out that this tuner will work, but its not the style I thought it was. So I dont think Im going to get it for the price hes asking. We will see though.

Thanks anyways guys, I will change my sig, for everybody's ease of confusion.

#8 ·
I dont either. I always try to stay polite, but I clearly put "plans" so that there wasnt confusion.

Im very sorry though, I didnt mean to sound like a dic&.

Like I said above though. Things on the Banks tuner have changed so, im not even sure if Im going to get it.

#9 ·
I would rather not have a tuner on my truck then a banks one. your truck will thank you in the longrun. Banks is pretty hard on transmissions and headgaskets, but probably the safest of the plug and play tuners. I ran one for a few months. really was not too impressed as I had to keep resetting it to keep it working. just save the $ for the sct. they are usuially like 450 with custom tunes.

#10 ·
Nothing but problems huh? Thats too bad. Thats enough for me to not buy it. I will just stick to the gauges I was going to buy.

Theres actually an SCT tuned by eric floating around the classifieds for $350. I just dont think Im ready to buy one. I will save the money though, thank you.

#11 ·
thats a good call. I wasted a bunch of money buying the banks bundle a while ago. wish I would have known an sct, intake exhaust and gauges are alot less, and safer. just get the gauges, when your ready get an sct with custom tunes. Ive ran Innovative, Gogo and Gearhead. any of them are solid tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.