Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Truck came home on a trailer for the first time...

4K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
Twisted the front drive line, broke a rear axle shaft i think, ill tear into it somemore and post the pictures... damn wheel hop

See less See more
1 4
#11 ·
Seen your first pull and was surprised something didnt break then, Aside from the hop truck runs damm good though and at least you had a buddy nice enough to tow you home

#12 ·
Yeah i was going to strap the front but they wouldnt let me go back into the pits after thier screw up with the classes... oh well.

I got the left side axle shaft out, thats what broke in the rear, going to try and get another one for a spare incase that happens again i can at least drive it home.

#19 ·
can someone do me a favor and measure the tube length on their front drive shaft? I think im just gunna have this one retubed but i need to know how long just the tube is, so from center of the weld to center of the weld

#23 ·
Well i got an axle in it, so its driveable again.

I got an axle out of a 99 superduty, it was 1/4 inch longer, but i checked to make sure it wasnt contacting anything and it all seems good, i think honestly the difference is a got the axle out of a non limited slip axle :shrug: Im going to do some more looking around for one but at least i can move it. Going to send to front driveshaft off and have it retubed, ill let you all know what that costs, probably a cheap upgrade rather than doing what i did. I will say this much im pretty glad i had my rear drive shaft upgraded, Im pretty sure it would have toast instead of the axle...

#24 ·
You're making me nervous, I've got a pull this Friday, next Friday and then the Saturday after that. I'll try to get the video of my pull last week, my hop wasn't as bad as yours but I got out of it as soon as I felt it. Can someone say 4-link...

#29 ·
Your smart enough to let out :hehe:

I let out right at the begining and the hop went away, but there wasnt anything i could do about it at the end other than i could have let out before it hopped but you risk letting out too soon and your pull isnt what it should be.

what did you place.
Would have got 3rd but since i was the first hook and i broke it i couldnt keep the hook... didnt make a lot of sense to me oh well...

sucks to hear about the breakage! i want to pull so bad but I am worried about the breakage as well. not to mention the hop, fords are horrible for that.

has anyone made their own 4 link? It cant be that hard. If someone has the 4 link I would like to see how it mounts on the truck. I could make the arms for around 200 I bet, its just the frame mounts after that.
Im really tempted to do it, but since it see's alot of road use too i dont know if i can trust myslef with that...
Wouldn't you rather break a driveshaft then a axle or is that just me?
Axle shafts change out in 15 min or less, dont even have to pull the differential cover to change it.
Drive shafts require you to pull the driveline hoops out, and if you have a spare you have to pull everything from the transfercase back, way too time consuming plus you always risk taking out the transfer case, fuel tank ect ect. Idealy you dont break anything LOL

#27 ·
sucks to hear about the breakage! i want to pull so bad but I am worried about the breakage as well. not to mention the hop, fords are horrible for that.

has anyone made their own 4 link? It cant be that hard. If someone has the 4 link I would like to see how it mounts on the truck. I could make the arms for around 200 I bet, its just the frame mounts after that.

#30 ·
building the 4 link really is not that bad, now ideal pulling geometry I have no idea. but would that not kick you into a higher class? 4 linking the rear would come close to $1000 in parts at least when I did mine that is what it was around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.