Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6r100 crapped out!!!

17K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  06-sixoh 
#1 ·
Just got our 2011 6.7 F-450 Lariat and today driving it the tranny went "bang" felt like i got rear ended and wouldnt move another inch. Tranny fluid EVERYWHERE under the truck and all over the body. Everything looked fine from under the truck, except for the fluid everywhere. I am one pissed customer...trucks at the dealer now. Any one else have any issues or thoughts?

#4 ·
Damn that sucks. Think I would be pretty pissed as well.

#6 ·
"BLAH BLAH BLAH... The new auto is superior to the manuals..... BLAH BLAH BLAH..." As I push the clutch and shift 'er on into sixth.

I hope you get done right by the dealer my friend. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with it already.

#9 ·
Oh damn that sucks balls man! I just can't think of what could have happened. Only way for fluid to get out of the trans is through a seal. But since you said you heard a "boom" as well it sounds like something got punched through the case and lost all the fluid. Did you happen to notice if there was any metal on the ground? And for something to go through the case like that, there had to have been something seriously wrong.

I'm very interested to hear what happened. So sorry man, this is just aweful to hear about!

#11 ·
That's the reason why I always prefer a manual transmission. Sorry about your problem.

#14 ·
good luck! hope all works out ok. know id be pissed if i bought a 60k+ truck and it threw a tranny that fast. thats for sure!

#17 ·
I know and I wasn't busting on you pal. It's just that there has been a thread or two on here where the guys who like a manual and automatic guys get into pissing contests over why the manual isn't offered any more. Auto guys say that modern automatics are just as good, if not better that a stick. I just don't agree as I'm sure you don't either. I'm sorry that this happened to you and hope it all works out fine. Keep us posted please.

#18 ·
I hav'nt had a stick shift sence my old 85 f-250 with the 460 big block. there are days I miss having a stick shift wish I still had one any time I think of what can go wrong with a automatic but sence that truck I hav'nt seen a stick shift for sale at dealer when i'm looking to buy. I still can't believe ford got rid of the stick. If I have any major problems with my 5r110 with the amount of work I do with it I may have to try a ram cummings with a stick next time around. Also were you towing anything when the tranny blew ???

#19 ·
Nope, wasnt towing anything. I had to take a friend to see a lawyer because he dont have a drivers license. It was the "maiden voyage" after bringing it home from the dealer. I mean it shifted firmly and seemed to lock the converter more often than im used to. I liked the auto even tho im not an auto guy, but man it really bursts my bubble on the whole automatic being "not so bad after all"

#21 ·
To pop that soon, someone had to have screwed up on the line when they were putting it together. Doesn't matter if it is an auto or manual, if they don't put it together right it won't work for long.
I would raise bloody murder if they do not take care of you to your satisfaction.

#23 ·
I did a boosted launch in one and experienced the same sound but not the problem that you had.

#25 ·
Big K is right. Look at what the 5R110's put up with and how much abuse they take, I'm sure the 6R140 will be even better.

I'd say just a fluke, especially with that low of miles.

You have a warranty, I'm sure they'll get you taken care of...

#27 ·
Well the dealer called and said that "a hose blew" they didn't get into much detail but they are going to fix the hose and take for a road test. Well needless to say i didn't get a call back later that afternoon as i was supposed to. There is no way they just fix this hose or line and its magically fixed. This thing made a horrible bang noise and then horrible grinding. But i guess i'll just wait and see till later today, when they call back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.