Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What's your career thread

26K views 234 replies 171 participants last post by  artsamm 
#1 ·
What's everyone's career? I just graduated with my BS in Law and Justice with a Legal Studies specialization. Because the economy is so bad, there are very few jobs in this field. What all do you guys do for work?

#3 ·
For the last 20 years I have owned a operated a machine shop business. We specialize in high-precision CNC machining both for the Government and private industry. We have been blessed during this poor economy with plenty of work.

#4 ·
I own a professional cleaning company that also specializes in disaster restoration, both commercial and residential. Always stuff happening to people's homes or businesses. I get a lot of satisfaction from helping people get their lives make in order after a fire or flood. We too are blessed and very busy.

#8 ·
I'm only a freshman in HS, but my dad is self employed with a tree trimming service, and we are busier than ever.

I would kinda like to be like a diesel engineer or tech, I also like to help our neighbor farm

#11 ·
I have an uncle in the insurance industry. I know a lot of people hate it but I've seen a lot of job postings. I think I may try to get my foot in the door. With the economy the way it is, I think anyone who is getting hired is pretty lucky.

#13 ·
Currently, steering wheel holder, remodeling contractor, ag equip buyer/seller, proprietor of " Joe's home for broken and wayward diesel pickups" adding cattle buyer/seller this winter... compulsive workaholic :( shoulda went to Law School.

#16 ·
Firefighter EMT here

#26 ·
Frieght conductor for the largest class 1 railroad on the eastern seaboard and I do some carpentry work on the side for extra cash.

#28 ·
I'm a landscaper.

#34 ·
I used to be a milkman but now on monday I start with hauling flatbed got tired of handling my hose and the white stuff all day long. LOL

#36 ·
Oilfield trash...or a proper name would be coil tubing operator/truck driver. Gone all the time, hardly home, work long hours, can be up for days at a time. Its ok for now but I would like to work some where I have normal hours, home nightly and off most weekends. Been doin this since I was 18, dont know anything else. Money is good but it comes with some sacrafices. Doctor says I already have the back of a 40 yr old so I know my days of bustin azz n playin hero are numbered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.