Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

horn blasters air horns?

4K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  coryjones 
#1 ·
any expierence with these? im thinking of buying a set and would like to know what you think about them? or if you recomend anything else? thanks:ford:

#3 ·
I've been making some out of pvc, there pretty loud. look'em up on youtube.

#4 ·
Hornblasters has some of the best stuff out there. Definitely worth the money. If you can't swing a set of Nathan's, their shocker kits are......well, shockingly loud. I have a set of Nathan K3's and am not easily impressed with most "train horns," but these impressed me. Great bang for the buck.

#5 ·
You can pick up those k3's on craigslist cheap, I've even seen them as cheap as 300. Take a look at the pvc ones on youtube the guy compares them to a set of k3's and they did pretty good against them.

#7 ·
I had HornBlasters on my orange truck and absolutely loved 'em! Especially with 'em hooked to my remote. :evil I don't think you can beat 'em for the price. As soon as I get my white truck back it's getting a set. Or two. :D

#11 ·
I had the HornBlasters Conductor's Special on mine.

#13 ·
Oh yeah, they were plenty loud. And I love the tone of them. Not as high pitched as a lot of others I've heard. Comes with everything you need (tank, manifold, lines, compressor, pressure sensor, etc...). I just had to supply a button and picked up some thin metal strips to mount the horns to, then mounted them between the framerail and truck body. Came out great and never had a single issue with 'em.

And iirc the new kits (mine was from about 3 years ago) have some improvements done to them. I think the compressor is a little bigger, and a couple of other changes. You can also get the tank with some fittings to plug air lines into for tools and stuff. Awesome kit imo.

#21 ·
Like I said, I have K3's on 1/2" line and 200 psi. Yeah, its loud. I'm kinda picky about what I'd say is good, and I was impressed by the Shockers. Nice pitch to them and crazy loud. I was pleasantly surprised.

#23 ·
I have the Shocker 4 kit on my truck...you won't beat them for the price. They absolutly blow away those chrome 3 horn things 90% of people have. No way they're louder than aq K5LA set though...I've done a side by side comparison with mnine and a friend who has those....I lost. LOL
I'll try again when I put in my 2nd Shocker 4 kit. :D

#29 ·
Yup. Maybe we could get Doug at GoGo to talk to Matthew. I believe they're buds. :D

#32 ·
That's what I thought.

#37 ·
I was wondering when one of the SV's would jump on this.

Just a thought -- maybe include a third option that has a 100% duty cycle compressor? (and a 5 gallon tank?)

:whs:

I'm in for one with a 5 gallon tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.