Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

innovative SCT tuner

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Mdub707 
#1 ·
I have the Sct tunner with extreme street and tow setting on my 06 6 liter, I have not tested the tow setting yet, but the extreme setting is very strong. I was wondering what kind of egt's you guys may run with this setting. I can hit 1400 easy if I get after it. In my 2000 7.3 with the TS 6 position Its not that easy to reach. Of course I never drove it in the 6 setting all the time, and I been told my best fuel gains with sct will be at the highest setting. The 06 has the full egr delete a new core in the oil cooler, Mbrp exhaust, AEF cold air stage two, and gages of course. Have I done enough to keep egt down or is the norm for that setting.

G
#4 ·
If you scroll down on the home page you should see 6.0 technical forum..
As for your question, there are many here that use SCT on there 6.0's.. Someone should be able to answer your questions..
I'm just a Superchip's guy.. :lookaround:

#5 ·
to me 1400* is a little steep on X street.. i rarely see numbers higher than 1200* on my X race file.. only when i really hammer on it:evil. but what you heard about the mileage is true atleast for me it is X race gets me the best mileage. when i keep a constant speed that isLOL. but as long as you are not holding that 1400* for extended periods of time you will be ok.. if its worrying you you may wanna invest in a water/meth kit..

#8 ·
I hope it's not, but it's kinda hot for a canned tune. I can hit that easy on my 485 tune with an exhaust leak and low boost at wot. I'm just sayin that's all.

#13 ·
My DD tune is Erics X strt as well. It will bury the EGT pretty quick on my truck. The 37"s with stock gearing play a role here for me.

I found out this week that I can hit 1300-1400* pulling a 7% grade, maintaining speed, basically unloaded. I was a little surprised, but not too worried.

If you're really worried about the EGTs, have Eric pull some fuel from the tune.

#14 ·
I have the same tune with fuel pulled out and a water kit with 4.30 gears and stock 245/75/17 tires. I can still hit 1400 unloaded if I stay in it getting on the highway. In the tow tune with 13-14K behind me up the hills and the water cranking I can still go over 1300. This is with a stock exhaust system because I can't make up my mind what I want to do.

#15 ·
This is what worries me a little. In the next couple of months, Im going to be ordering Eric's tunes. I have decided what I want to do with my exhaust. I live in Cali, so I want to be able to keep my CAT in play, even if I just get a delete pipe. But that still keep me at stock diameter.

Every option, every dollar... damn. But I dont want to burn my damn truck up either

#16 ·
1300-1400 degree's is normal in a truly high power tune on the 6.0L trucks. Our "Street" program is 1100-1200 degree's. I can hit 1100 stock on some trucks and 1250 or so when towing on a stock tune. The Tow program will probably have lower EGT's than stock. You are only seeing it for a brief period of time, like a 1/4 mile run. I wouldn't want to maintain those temps towing up a large grade, but for a high power tune it's what's you'll see.

#17 ·
gettin on the highway i hit 1400 easy runnin extreem race with the pedal almost to the floor but from what i have read so far it will be ok as long as its not there for a long time like 1/4 mile ?? i hope im right going down the highway i dont see anything over 1000 unless i got a little hill or something

but thats my two cents and how i take it

#19 ·
I've buried my 1600 degree gauge a few times before with x-street and x-race. Just don't hold it there for long.

I also use Erics Aggressive tow tune for when I tow my camper (probably around 5k lbs or so I'd guess...) just because the transmission shifting (both up and down) make it much safer to tow with. It runs great, and temps are very controllable. Going up some of the hills here in the Adirondacks, I can easily accelerate up and keep temps down still, but if I mat it hard and hold it there, temps do go up quick... I've hit 1300 before but let right off. It's VERY easy to keep it below 1000 at all times though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.