Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rear Sway Bar....will it fit?

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Will a sway bar set up (links, brackets, bar, etc) from a 05 F250 fit on a 2000 excursion?

#5 ·
I just installed a 30mm sway bar when I did the B mod springs last week on my '00 Excursion. I got the bar from the same truck I got the springs at the wrecking yard. I don't know what year the donor truck was or if it was 4x4 or not.

The swaybar itself fit fine with the brackets but I had to take 6" out of each of the links to get the sway bar horizontal to ground and the links vertical. There was a pre drilled hole in the excursion frame but it was lower on the frame than on my Father-in-laws '02 2x4 F250 and the links I got were approximately 2-4" longer than his. So the links are not all the same length and may need to be shortened depending on your truck and donor truck. Not hard to do and waaay cheaper than buying aftermarket. (The wrecking yard pulled the bar and all brackets & hangers off the truck for me, total $75.)

See pic below. I cut out the bent (off set) part of the bars and welded the bars on top of (beside) each other and that gave me the perfect offset which was about a 1/4" less than before. There are other ways to do it but this was the quickest for me and it was easy to adjust to perfect fit, just slide bars in or out, tack in place, check fit, repeat if necessary.
If you don't weld, then just cut and take to someone, it is literally a 10 minute weld job if that, even if you had to pay someone it should not be much. Good luck.

#9 ·
The Excursion sway bar links are the way to go.It rides great with the f-series bar in it but you have no ground clearance.Great mod to do though.
What do you mean by not having any ground clearance?

#10 ·
When I ordered all the parts for my bar I used the vin for an 04 f250 to get all the parts.Finally get around to installing it one night after work and the sway bar links are way too long and the bottom of the link was about six inches off the ground.Where the links mount on the f-series the frame is arched and the excursion is straight.The excursion link a good 4 inches or so shorter.SO I ended up ordering two excursion links and throwing them on in the morning.

#11 ·
IIRC you need the Excursion sway bar connector links hardware but you use the SD sway bar itself. That is why you had issues and had to mod it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.