Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Broken crank

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  corywhitedually2000 
#1 ·
i would like to have yall advice, i just rebuilt my 2000 7.3 about 5,000 mile ago and my crank is broke. Im running a custom tuning and stage one single shot injectors, its probably doing about 400 hrsp, im guessing....im thinking to go back with a performance crank but if i do who is the best one to go with and if not would an oem crank work just as fine with the hrsp. I know that there is plenty of people that have that amount of hrsp and they are still on the factory engine. just want to know yalls opinion?

#16 ·
Dockboy is the only one that I know has broken a crank, but he was making big power back in the day. LOL

OP, I would do as others have said, and have the block looked over closely.

Dave

#9 ·
I also have a used crank lying around pm if interested

#12 ·
It sounds like your crank went for a walk. IMHO I would pull it and have the blocked triple checked for cracks as the previous posters have said. If you have the coin I would recommend a girdle to keep your crank from walking again.

#13 ·
where are you located? there are alot of cranks around but shipping will kill ya. i have one w/ 55k miles.

#14 ·
Was the crank welded?

#17 ·
We had one not too long ago that was about 430hp truck break the crank right behind the last main. Pulled the rear cover off and it came with the end of the crank. I think some of them must have some bad cranks in them, should not be breaking at that hp level.

#18 ·
WOW that would suck pushin a bit more than 430 h.p wont be sellin my spare motor for more upgrade money boo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.