Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone know how to find an owner's address via license plate

803 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  freddie 
#1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a Bronco 2 on Craigslist. Of course, with it being Craigslist, you deal with some not so tech-friendly people. The ad doesn't have a phone number, and the only contact option is to email the CL email address that forwards to the seller's email.

I did that, and haven't heard back after 3 days. I figure either its sold and they haven't deleted the ad and won't bother to notify potential buyers that it has been sold, or they meant to list their phone number and neglect checking their email, or lastly, perhaps my email went to their spam folder.

Assuming its the 2nd or 3rd possibility, I'd like to get the jump on other potential buyers, and try to find a phone number for the guy via his address. I figured if I could somehow get his addy from the license plate number in the pics, I might be able to get ahold of him.

Anyone got any ideas? I might call the Sheriff's department but have my doubts they'll hand out that info. Anyone have any cop friends? Lol

Sorry for the long explanation, didn't want anyone to think I was stalking, road raging, or anything like that lol

See less See more
#2 ·
I have access to the NCIC database, and its against the law for a cop, sherief, or anyone else with access to do what ur asking..... it really isnt worth the fine, jail time and the loss of job to do this. if you cannot get ahold of him thru email, try responding to his post in the same forum on craigslist, i have done this and it works. you can also do an online search, or even contact your local dmv, some states make that information open to the public. good luck... and like you said it may be sold, and he is lazy and didnt take the post down

#3 ·
Alright, thanks!

I figured it was probably illegal for a cop to do that, so I haven't bothered asking any. I plan to TRY the DMV today and see if they can help.

Craigslist is a love/hate thing. Great deals sometimes, but also people who have no business being on the internet lol

#4 ·
yes true about the craigslist thing.... rule of thumb for craigslist.. if it seems too good to be true... it probably is. dont get me wrong I have got some killer deals from there..... but i am always skeptical

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.