Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Couple more(little)changes.

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  scott2001 
#1 ·
This is how it looked a couple weeks ago.

I decided to swap the door handles for the paintable ones and color-match them.
I also painted that little key pad that I never use.

I didn't get a good shot of it, but I matched the tailgate handle as well.

The color is a bit off because I didn't sand the handle smoothe, but it's not enough for me to give a sh!t about it.

I installed my 4" pro-flo exhaust with a 5" Bassani tip.

I really didn't want to add another piece of chome to my truck but you win some, you lose some. It'll be getting swapped out for a black one as soon as I paint my bumpers. I really dislike chrome.

Other than that, my 210 tune is finally loaded. It's fun as hell to drive I just wish it didn't smoke when I put it too the floor. Oh well, if that's my biggest complaint, I'm doing pretty good.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ebay.

Just look them up under "2005 excursion door handles". They should be about $20 each/shipped. DO NOT buy them from 1a automotive. They sent me the wrong damn one 3 times in a row. They usually have the most listed, but there are still plenty of other vendors selling them. Just make sure they say "smoothe" in the description, otherwise you'll get the ones you already have.

#9 ·
Yeah, if you pop the inner door panel off you'll see the little clip holding it in. Just unhook the electrical clip, pry the clip holding the pad in place with your fingers, and then press it out. It takes longer to get the door panel off than to pry the key pad off. It's real easy. Then I just put a piece of painters tape over the numbers and cut around them with an exacto knife. Nothing special.

I bought rattle cans from these guys: Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories to take care of these small projects. I only used roughly a half/can on the handles and full can for my grille. I wouldn't want to pay someone to do something like this unless they charged under $50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.