Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Surges, Dies randomly, but restarts right away.

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  gp_wanna_be 
#1 ·
My 04 f250 surges when at stop lights and even sometimes dies but then it starts right back up. I replaced the icp sensor and that fixed the problem for about a month then it started doing it all again. I unplugged the egr valve but still surging. It doesnt happen everytime I drive it, but it is really nerve racking one of these times I"m gunna rear end somebody when I'm not paying attention does anyone have any ideas.

#4 ·
Well cleaned the egr valve and it was black, reinstalled it and plugged it back in still surging bad then unplugged it again still surging but ten times better than before could the egr valve just be bad. should I replace it or put the egr delete kit on it?????

#6 ·
My 04 f250 surges when at stop lights and even sometimes dies but then it starts right back up. I replaced the icp sensor and that fixed the problem for about a month then it started doing it all again. I unplugged the egr valve but still surging. It doesnt happen everytime I drive it, but it is really nerve racking one of these times I"m gunna rear end somebody when I'm not paying attention does anyone have any ideas.
Sorry to say, but my FICM died the day before our vacation last Saturday. Suging bad and then would die, start and then die. Bad surging like I was trying to a do a 4x4 boosted launch in 4x2 truck. :doh: Codes ran showed no communicaton with the FICM. Jody found that a cold solder joint in the FICM came loose. Soldered it back and it's new again. :bowfast:

#11 ·
Data log will show you. See what IPR duty cycle is when all this is happening. Matter of fact look at everything. Proof is in the pudding.

#13 ·
My truck was just in for the same issues, the dealer found it was the IPR and ICP were clogged up. Replaced them, and the truck runs fine now.

#16 ·
Did you ever data log it while it was surging, or just throw some parts at it and hope for the best?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.