Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

locker

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  crowz 
#1 ·
what is a good affordable locker for a sterling 10.5?

#2 ·
I LOVE my detroit Truetrac. It is a gear limited slip.

#3 ·
i really like the reviews on the Detroit lockers but not the price a little to much for me right now does anyone have one that works well for less money?

#4 ·
You need to tell us your intended use for the truck and why you need a "locker".

The True trac as mentioned above is a very good unit for all around use...A true detroit is going to be more offensive on the street but better off road. Same goes for any true locker...then there are selectables like the ARB...great option but you balk at the cost of a true trac... If you want reliability you're going to have to step up to at least a true trac. If not....good luck...

#5 ·
Trutrac

#6 ·
my intentions for the truck for now is a streetable puller but eventually its going to be just a straight up puller

#8 ·
In the same boat. Acually going with the Tru Trac. If you want to stay affordable, you can just buy the clutch kit and have it freshened up. Its just under 200 for the clutch kit. Then finding someone to put it in and fluids.

#9 ·
i went with a lockright from powertraxs and it works well i have put them through alot of abuse and they hold up well. my buddy and his friends run them in their rock trucks no problems he will break a 14bolt before the locker

#16 ·
If your eventually going all out then go for a full detroit locker. Its a little harsh but not bad on the street and will be what you need when you go all out later so no money wasted and they are very cheap compared to the other lockers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.