Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Style Headache Rack - Pics

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  PowerstrokeJunkie 
#1 ·
Thought I would share some pictures of my new headache rack. These are built by a local shop here in Maine.

The different part about these racks is they are fabricated with aluminum tubing that has a track around the exterior which will accept a 3/8 carriage bolt.

This means the possibilities are endless as far as what you can built/fabricate/mount onto the top of the rack and secure simply by the carriage bolts, makes this rack very versatile. I mounted 1" square tubing on the top of mine to carry my canoe/kayak.

The rack is EXTREMELY light and EXTREMELY solid.

What you see here is about $450, 300 for the rack and $150 for the black powdercoat.

I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

See less See more
#3 ·
that looks great

#4 ·
I like it, crazy the inovations people can come up with for something that has been around for ages. Would probably work pretty good for adding some plow lights in the winter and then easily removing them in the summer.

#7 ·
Exactly....very versatile in that way, or anything else you want to add on

why so high? ******** it looks like its 6" above the cab
It's actually not as high as the pictures show, it's only 3-4 inches above the cab, angle of the camera made it look high.

This one was built just high enough so the 3rd brake light was visible.

They can custom build anything you want on these too, I was going to get 6in oval light holes built into the corners, but didn't want to pay the extra for those, don't really need them, and it was another $150

These racks kind of remind me of protech headache racks with there design, and you can get any of the add ons or modifications protech offers.

#9 ·
Yeah I agree...just not huge priority for me, but probably something I should get done.

Truck is basically all black except for headlights, tails, cablights, a little chrome of the wheels, and my diamond plate dog box in the bed (which I'm not painting, don't want a black box for the dog), I have a set of black N-Fab step bars coming in the mail too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.