Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Update on the Procharged 6.0

65K views 454 replies 84 participants last post by  Tyler Dirty 
#1 ·
For those that don't know, this is what happened to my truck originally: Friday the 13th - Powerstroke Nation

Since I'm getting a fair amount of pm's and FB questions about it I figured I'd just start a new thread. All the parts are supposed to be there except heads.

Apparently the heads on the truck had cracked valve seats, the heads off the motor I sent over there a while back had cracked valve seats, and the heads I just sent from another spare motor I had also had cracked valve seats. Glad to see I didn't waste my money on picking up those spares. :doh:

The block has been ready for about a week or two and Logan is supposed to pick it up today and at least get the short block together. At the rate we're going, I'm sure something will rear its head there too though.

I really don't feel like spending another $1500 on heads so if anyone has any ideas for heads, I'm all ears.

So obviously the truck will not be at TS. So this will be my 3rd or 4th time not racing at the event. :mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
Your luck with 6.0 heads is about like Swole's luck w/ CR's over on CompD.....

#10 ·
Of what?

#36 ·
I wondered what happened. Figured your truck would walk away from my slow pig.
Knew there was something going on. LOL
good luck on getting it fixed man it sure is a cool project. Shoulda taken a picture of all the people gathered around it at the track.

#9 ·
It just gets REALLY frustrating. I have the same feeling with this thing right now as I did right before I sold the orange truck. Having trans issues every trip out just made it not fun anymore, just like plain ole not having this one is making it not fun anymore. :doh:

#17 ·
Sent him a pm.

#12 ·
I understand how you feel danny you know what ive been through trying to get mine right and know im back to driving my ranger cause the 6.0 needs a tranny. But i have come to the point that i understand that is just part of it and eventually everything will be good. But its a long and ####y road to that point. you know if there is anything i can do for you just hollar at me!

#13 ·
Send me your heads, lol.

#15 ·
what kind of heads are you looking for? Just a good set, not cracked or something ported and race ready?

#16 ·
Just something not cracked and preferably pressure tested. Not doing anything special with 'em, just Elite valve springs and push rods.

#24 ·
Just because they are pressure tested don't mean they won't leak when they get up to temp.

I spent a crap load of money on my last set of GOOD heads. (Bought a set of '06 heads with no cracks at all)

Thinking I would make them better, I had the machine shop put hardened seats into all the exhaust seats....2 years later I had to find another set of heads because the one heads was cracked...and the other head got as far as new guides, and when they went to cut the seats, the hardened seats started to turn in the head.:mad:

That's why I think porting, polishing, or any other internal work performed on 6.0L heads is a complete waste of money...it only lasts 1, maby 2 years, and they are garbage again.

#20 ·
Danny, when i pulled my heads they were cracked, I had a machine shop put hardened valve seats in them, he said 6.0/6.4s almost always have cracks... mine were cracked clear to the glow plug holes, so far so good on mine, thats probably the route your going to have to go, even if you find a set of good heads, they will be cracked in a few passes...

#28 ·
That's the plan. I think I may have found some. I'll keep everyone posted.

#23 ·
Can you Cryo a set of heads??? Don't know just throwing that out. Would it help any?? I know that Zane is doing it to the blocks now just wondering if it would help on the heads.

#25 ·
that sucks Danny, seems there is no good luck with heads for these motors. Mine just got new heads too while it was down for studs :doh:

best of luck hope you can get the truck back together somehow in time for TS

#31 ·
Come on danny you have to at least get this done before the zombies take over the world the end of next year.

That's in 2 years, Jesse. :poke:

#32 ·
Wow Danny. Your luck with 6.oh heads really does suck pretty good. it'd be nice to see the pics of the cracks in the heads whenever logan gets them b/c a lot of the time you can still use them and just put in hardened seats and do a valve job. Hope you get the heads figured out soon though.

#34 ·
Still no less than $1k for those. I just assume put hardened valve seats in some used heads if I'm gonna do that. Which looks like what is going to happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.