Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

AFE Bladerunner Intercooler

6K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  WIDE OPEN PERFORMANCE. 
#1 ·
AFE just released their Bladerunner intercooler for the 6.4L application. Figured I'd give one a try, see what it's all about, priced competitive with the others. It's an all aluminum setup, looks similar to the Spearco, they claim it outflows the Banks cooler by quite a bit. So it will be interesting to see how it works out, I'll be sure to post pictures and results when I have them.

I'm also going to upgrade from the Stage II intake I currently have to their new Stage II SI, I like the thought of an all plastic enclosure with some sort of ducting from the grille. I think these intake air tempertures can make some significant affects on these motors.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I just recently installed it too, and my minder hasn't moved with it. The stock turbos were pulling it in all the time with the volant I had.

#19 ·
Intercooler and SI intake will be going in this one, saved my HS Black Maxx for it as well. Just haven't decided which exhaust to do, kind of want to go with some duals this time. Gotta find some wheels and tires for it, would like some stock 20's. Saved all the aftermarket stuff that was on my 08' for it too (billet grille inserts, smoked mirror lenses, gooseneck hitch, etc...)

#23 ·
Thanks. I've got the matte black 20x9 Ultra Goliaths I had on my 08' truck. But I think I would much rather some stock 20's with the 275/65 tires for it.

After seeing how much the 35 M/Ts I put on the 08' affected the mileage, I don't really have any interest in going that route again.

#31 ·
I'll have to check around again and see what they say again, Fort Mac is a battle to get anything performance rated. First I need to fix the puking issue that has been going on for over a yr, got the parts but there on the shelf like everything else.

#33 ·
Haven't twisted yet. I was wanting to go crazy and do the same set up as the Dirty Diesel Farm truck but getting a built driveshaft turned into a battle so I gave up lookin. Now I lifted my truck. Might do some more Elite pieces. I was more lookin at getting a built driveshaft so I wouldn't break u-joints in it.

#34 ·
Do you think there is much difference between the AFE and Banks intercooler? I have heard that the Banks flows better than the others but that was before AFE came into the loop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.