Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gauges with Warning lights thresholds...

25K views 63 replies 22 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
Tell me where you would like to see a "warning" light on a gauge set up...

Pyro...
Boost...
Tranny temp...
Oil temp...
Water temp...
Fuel pressure...
Oil pressure...
Exhaust back pressure...
Diff temp...
Volt reading...

Let me know what you think... got something coming I think...

Excuse the pic, crappy cell pic...

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Warning light thresholds...

Joe, I saw your question on this and for now this would be a good place. After you get some good feedback here we can move it to another forum for more input.

FYI great idea!

Pyro 1200
Trans 200
Oil 215
Oil pressure 10
Water 215
Fuel 40
Volt 12

Off the top of my head.

#3 ·

Joe, I saw your question on this and for now this would be a good place. After you get some good feedback here we can move it to another forum for more input.

FYI great idea!

Pyro 1200 Might be a bit low, my beta is at 1250...
Trans 200 Agree
Oil 215 Agree
Oil pressure 10 I was thinking 20, any reason so low?
Water 215 I was thinking about the same, a bit higher but
Fuel 40 I think mine is set at 20 right now as a test... 40 would be good, but I think some of the OBS trucks might have spikes that low?
Volt 12 I'm not sure on that one myself... When the GP are on and the compressor is going it drops to about 11.5 now...

Off the top of my head.

Thank you!

#4 ·

#5 ·

Pyro 1200 Might be a bit low, my beta is at 1250...
I picked that as they right spot to where you need to start watching the gauge.

Trans 200 Agree
Oil 215 Agree
Oil pressure 10 I was thinking 20, any reason so low?
20 might be OK too.

Water 215 I was thinking about the same, a bit higher but
Again the right spot to start watchng the gauge close
Fuel 40 I think mine is set at 20 right now as a test... 40 would be good, but I think some of the OBS trucks might have spikes that low?
Volt 12 I'm not sure on that one myself... When the GP are on and the compressor is going it drops to about 11.5 now...
I want a warning for when you are on the road and the alternator takes dump.

#6 ·
Any chance of a user selectable range?

I.E. If I'm towing I want EGT to come on at 1200. Pulling or racing I don't care until I'm over 1600.

Boost and backpressure would also be application (turbo) specific.

If my boost had to be a fixed value I'd almost rather have if fixed at 10, so I could build until the light came on and just turn it loose. No looking away from the tree/flagman etc.

Other than that the values mentioned look good to me.

#7 ·
One could also consider light comes on at one value and starts flashing at another.

#8 ·
The FCDP ranger has a set of autometers that are normally white, but as you hit the user preset threshold the whole gauge flashes red. Are these gauges similar?

#10 ·
The entire face does not light up, just the LED, the back lighting will remain the same.

Flashing could be done, but I would think that would get a bit annoying for more then a few seconds. Maybe a flashing for 10 seconds then a steady on?

#11 ·
I was thinking come on at the you need to start watching me right now level and flash at the it is time to pull over level. But that is just my idea.

#13 ·
my oil pressure is 10 at idle... also i want an egt guage set to 1600 then i know when i am doin something lol.

#17 ·
Joe you get any more word on what is possible?

#18 ·
Honestly I am swampped at work right now and have not had time to dive into it much. I will see Michael at the race this weekend and we can discuss everything.

#19 ·
Couple videos...

Keep in mind I am hitting the peak recall for the pyro, not on the water temp.

#21 ·
just attaching myself - I like this!

#27 ·
They are avalable now, I really have nothing new to report... I am hoping Michael is working on end user ajustablity rather then preset levels.

Shoot him a PM or email!

#30 ·
These are new gauges, running changes to the system... EV2 and Performax

#31 ·
Autometer has a new line with 7 way color adjustable LED lighting and the ability to have the guage be 3 different colors at 3 user adjustable set points. I just installed a set of these for a friend. On his Pyro i have the background color set for Green up until 1100* then it goes to Yellow until 1250* then to Red where the whole face pulses teh Red color.
Check out the new guages Autometer Elite Series

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.