Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Sway bar and links!!!! Need your thoughts quick.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  8inchstroker 
#1 ·
I have a problem, I'm about to put on the frame mount for my traction bars that i built. I mocked up the frame mount where the eye of the joint will be even with the carrier bearing. I cut the bars to length and mounted them to the axle mount. I was planning on putting the frame mount on the rod end and then welding it to the frame so that both sides would be perfectly even. I hope your following along.

Well, on my drivers side the sway bar is just low enough to where it hits the bar and i cant go up any higher.

My questions are:

Can i cut the sway bar links and shorten them about an inch so it pulls the sway bar back up? Or would it be better to remove the sway bar completely?

In 1 1/2 years i've had a trailer hooked to it once. If i remove the sway bar can i still tow with it? I don't plan to but if i do what will happen if i don't have one?

If you have better suggestions, shoot them at me.

#4 ·
I am sure you could try making them shorter first. If that doesnt work just pull it off. Not all trucks come with a rear sway bar so you should be ok.

#6 ·
I am not sure exactly. But I remember a discussion a while ago and it seemed like there was a lot of trucks did not come from the factory with a rear sway bar. I know my buddies 03 KR did not come with one.

#8 ·
just shorten them,

I have ~8" lift in the rear with stock lenght sway bar end links, the sway bar is angled up but the truck still drives great, maybe even a bit better in the corners (but thats probably due to the new shocks)

#9 ·
My 2005 F350 didn't come with a rear sway bar. I added an aftermarket one later, but its actually laying in the garage right now lol.

#10 ·
Mine didn't come with a sway bar in the rear and I see no adverse effects. I've driven without my front swaybar and didn't notice much of a difference either. Leaf springs don't move much. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.