Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

pics of my oil bypass

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  06 stroker 
#1 ·
well here are some pics of my oil bypass filter setup. i made the bracket that came off the alternator to hold the filter and then got the lien made cause the kit came with some rubber lines that looked like sh*t....thought id put some pics up to see what you all thought

had to throw this one in

See less See more
#15 ·
Yea I did it myself. I made the braket to hold the fiilter or else you would have to put it on the frame rail or somthing like that.

#17 ·
they are 20" mickey thompson classic II with mickey thompson atz with sidebitters. thanks for the complimants. i get alot of those because of the wheels. thanks again

#7 ·
I'm running the Amsoil by-pass the stock filter will filter down to 20 microns and the by-pass will filter down to 2 microns. The injectors in these 6.0 like clean oil.
2 stroker

#8 ·
Cool install but where is the coolent filter, that is a must have.
2 stroker

#16 ·
Where can I get one from. I've been wanting to dob that.

#10 ·
#4AN is basicly a 1/4'' line. 1/4'' is what Amsoil sends with their 6.0 bypass kits. Its what I am currently running on my bypass set up? So do we need to go up to a 3/8'' or 1/2'' line? Any input? Thanks!

#11 ·
i got the FS2500 set up and the lines are not much bigger at least the input line the back line to the engine is bigger, the company explained it because of the Hpop it takes no pressure out of the system. But i might have gotten it wrong, so please correct me.

#13 ·
Its just filtering a small bit of oil at a time, it doesn't matter the size of the lines. The regular oil filter is still filtering the main oil supply. Yes larger lines would filter more, faster, but its a bypass. IMHO, the bypass doesn't hurt anything, but in reality, its not much of a benefit over the stock system. 20 microns is well below what will do any damage in an engine.

#19 ·
they are 33's and i have a 2.5" leveling kit. i love the way it looks and the tires wear like steel

#24 ·
All of the billet oil filter caps I have seen are 1/8 npt so I don't see a problem with a #4 AN line. It is a bypass and doesn't require a high flow rate to do the job.

#25 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.