Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ccv mod ?

925 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtboy25 
#1 ·
ok i got a ? about the ccv mod instead of building a filter canister and running it back to the intake could i use a filter system like guzzle did on the coolant bypass filter mod? then just change the filter every so often i just figured it would be alot simpler than to change the filter than cleaning out the canister every so often i just dont know if the filter idea would cause to much pressure

#2 ·
I blew about 300 bones on a bd /mann set up and it works great! (filter set up) I tried all the otheir set ups and they did not work for me. I had to hear all kind of stuff from......your awsome truck stinks man, to your truck has smoke underneath it. If you don't want to spend the money build your own canister from pvc and scrub pads. Do a search and you will find lots of info.

#3 ·
Mine goes from the doghouse, down to a PVC catch can, no media, with a drain on the bottom. From the catch can, back to the intake. Clean intake and no fumes.

#4 ·
That's a hell of an idea. I'll have to try that one.

#5 ·
yeah from the pics off of guzzles website it looks like you could just bolt it to the frame and then just change the filter instead of having to clean out the canister but idk if it would cause to much pressure though but im thinking that it shouldnt cause no more pressure than the canister type filter but idk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.