Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Nitrous on Pmr's

4K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  David N 
#1 ·
How good of an idea is this? Honestly. I want to get with Jonathon from BDP and get him to write me a tune, that I can spray with nitrous, if that is possible. I haven't talked to him yet. But I plan on it soon. How much could safely be sprayed? If any?

My mods are BDP tunes, intake, exhaust, and on the way is an Adrenaline, and BTS Valve Body.

So what do you guys think? Good idea or no? And has it been done before?

#2 ·
If Jonathon thinks it is a good idea, then do it.

....but the first thing I thought of when I read Nitrous on PMRs was ka-booooom

I don't know what the sound of PMRs exiting the block is like, but ka-boom was the first thing that popped into my mind.

#5 ·
Smartass... :poke: No guts no glory in my book. And of course I would have someone taking video.:D

I just wanted to try it, Im sure everyone said the same thing when Brian's truck went over 600 for years. But Im not here to argue, I just want some opionions.

If a Tuner such as Jonathon were to get up here and say "DONT DO IT", then I wont.

#12 ·
Its not for everyday driving. Its for the once a month I hook my truck to a sled. If I get ballsy enough to try actually spraying it. Seems everyone around likes to sneak some nitrous in when they are pulling...

#19 ·
Just for that, I think it would be an honor for me to try this in his remembrance/honor.

As far as the stock turbo, if that is all I should be worried about, a 38r would be on the way then. :D

And now thinking about it, I would probably use it for more than sled pulling. I would love to just see what it could do, being that no one has ever done such a thing.

#18 ·
Where we pull there is just a stock class and then a modified and the modified is pretty much anything goes as long as your under 8500 haha.

I don't think it would take much nitrous to clean up a hot tune. With the right tuning and some timing removed it just might be ok haha but then again its all a lottery anyways

#25 ·
nos + pmr's= boom IMO

#27 ·
Yeah same Brian but he was inferring that Brian was roughly 180rwhp over the alot of times said 500 for forged rods I think it will be fine with the right tune. Its not going to take a big shot to clean up your tune. I dont see it being any worse than running injectors and other mods on pmr's. It would only be seen at the track or sled pull too. But only one way to find out I guess. I like the way your thinking though David. Oh yeah get some tires this week bud...

#32 ·
A PMR block... it's probably in good condition and you know the rods ain't gonna hold chit.

Besides the more and more I do, the more I find that getting a good PMR motor to put forged rods in or whatever rods you want in is as cheap as a GOOD low mile forged rod long block that you don't know the history of....

#33 ·
:whs:

No real reason to blow apart a good motor. If you cant afford to build another engine right now, then why take a chance? Go ahead and build the spare, swap it out and sell this one and recoupe some of your money. That, or swap it out now for the other one, and build this one up right. I mean, the money you could get for a pmr motor in good shape would be at least enough to buy some injectors, or maybe a turbo.

Or you could blow this one all to crap, then do a quicky budjet buildup on the other one and always wish you had done it right the first time. Oh yeah, and not have the truck to drive while you are working on a backup plan.:doh:

#34 ·
or we could just spary mine to see what would happen but that wont tell you much seeing how i have the good rods. I agree whith other not to waste a good block but then again you dont have much fuel to finish off either so i think some good tunning and start with a small shot might could pull this thing off i just dont know how much more power you will see that why i have not sprayed mine just dont have the fuel for it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.