Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Coolant filter

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  stoker04 
#1 ·
I just mounted my coolant filter, I still need to run the lines. What do you guys think of the bracket I fabricated to mount this ? I tried to keep it as simple as possible and use all existing mounting and location holes..

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It's actually tougher than it looks, it's made out of 1/16 stainless steel, I know it looks flimsy but you can't bend it with your hands, I had to use a break to bend it...with filter head and filter mounted it didn't even move down at all, but we'll see when it gets full of coolant, if worse comes to worse I have the template made so I'll make it out of 1/8 stainless if needs be.

#8 ·
Bracket #2 is made and the paints drying...will have pics tomorrow. Unbroken good call on the support thing. It didn't move at all with just the filter and base but I filled up the filter with water and it bowed quite a bit so I made another bracket half as big and 3x as strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.