Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mahle Monotherm Pistons for the 444E

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Ron's power stroke 
#1 ·
Ok Kids I had an Injector loose a tip and I'm in the processes of sleeving and rebuilding again. I call Mahle Motor sports and they have a Cummings Piston for the 5.9 but nothing for the 444 except a wish list. The 6/6 piston is next on the list because they've had more compalints aobut cracked stock pistons on the 6.6 than the 444. I find that kind of funny because every truck I've seen come apart have stresses pistons.

I think it's time to start asking for them to make the 444E pistons.

go to MAHLE | Contact

And hit them up and ask them to make us a nice durable all steel piston. This would have saved me another rebuild.

Eric is the sales rep and he's a nice guy to chat with. The pistons are running about $500.00 each now so that's 4K a set but the more interest we generate the faster the price will come down.

Good luck.

PS This is the last time I'm dealing with a 444. If she quits again I'm done. This stuff always happens at the worst time.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know if it's because of my ceramic coatings, lack of miles, just not enough abuse, or a good set up, but when mine was pulled apart to add firerings as the Cometics kept puking my pistons looked brand new. I also lost an internal oil gallery freeze plug once and drove about 1K-2K w/ about 3psi oil pressure! Still everything looked 100% fine upon inspection.

And I had some really crappy injectors for a while and my egts were really hot all of the time because of that for a while. I mean cruising at 1000 and wrapped around w/ any throttle. Mileage at that time had only been about 20K however.

My stock pistons w/ 150K had a few cracks.

I guess I'm saying, are these pistons really needed?

#5 ·
Well I guess you've never really pushed a stock cast piston. This was just some info for those of us who want to bounce off the upper rim of sanity. And since my I've had everything done and the kitchen sink including Ceramic coating on the piston top I must just be special. How many of folks out there have had cracked stock pistons with a mild setup. I'm betting more than the Dura crappers. The Forged pistons don't support the use of a keystone ring and since I DD my truck I'm not going to a square ring with a Diesel.

#7 ·
So then it's not a good idea to run Mahle pistons in something that will be daily driven then????? I haven't messed with any of them so i don't know if it's safe or not. i would assume so, but if not i'd like to know b/c i was going to run them when i build my engine and am actively gathering parts already so would like to know.

#10 ·
I got my .020, .010 decked mahle pistons for $350. :redspotdance:

#14 ·
are all Mahle pistons created equal ?? is there a cheaper made Mahle.??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.