Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.4 hook. Jefferson, Wi

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
Owner got it down the track last night. It was a very tight track. Tried running the big gear but just couldn't get the tires to burn loose so it got under the charger. Got stopped before the 100 feet so he got pulled back and went back to the gear that he had been running. Didn't really get much tire spinning so I don't think it was a good test on the front suspension changes but it looks promising. It ran good and nothing broke so it was a win in his book. I think he ended up in 6th or 7th place with like 295 and 1st place was like 302.

#11 ·
Did it lose RPM on that run compared to the other videoed runs? It may have been just the tight track but it didn't seem to rev as high and/or spin at the end as it did before.

#12 ·
Hit went just over 3900 rpms max on the track and was pulled down very fast at the end.

Jim Howland's truck that was 1 foot behind Guy just did this a few weeks ago: ( But he was nine feet ahead of Guy at the last pull at East Troy)

scan0001.jpg picture by jimdmax - Photobucket

#27 ·
Could be alot of things ill tell you this from what i learned this last weekend towing my parents boat with this big single.

If you are in the wrong gear and under the charger, you can get about 1250 degrees, and you CANNOT get any hotter than that... but the smoke is unreal... like Guys truck while pulling. So to a point the fuel actually cools the cylinder down, granted there is alot of cylinder wash at that point... Once my truck came on boost, then the egts would climb, to a point and then cool back down, so either you need more air or less fuel is my guess. Do you know what pulse width the current tune eric sent you is?

I think that you are partialy correct on the turbo sizing, i think it was good for the first amount of fuel but you might need a bigger exhaust side now, or a better compressor wheel. I dont know the specs like exducer or anything on that charger so its going to be hard to tell for sure. What im thinking is that you might need to back the fuel down, just enough to get the egt's back up a little. Im betting right now that there is enough fuel to cool the egts off, thats why you probably havent melted anything... pretty sure the big pullin guys cool egts with fuel as well... I think egts would be a good place to start, but im thinking a mechanical guage that goes to 2000 degrees might be needed since the stock probe will only read like 1780 or something then its maxed out. Just some thoughts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.