Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

trucks going to see a shop for the first time since ive owned it

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  stroken 
#1 ·
unless i get some help.....i have had an oil leak for the past two weeks, it has gotten bad enough that i cant drive it, ive searched 100000000 times and can find where its comming from, comes down outside the bell housing of the trans and drips, theres a little oil in the valley from where the hpop line has blown off a few times, but i cant see ANYTHING leaking, thought it was drain on turbo but i adjusted it and it didnt help or make it worse, and if it was that think it would drip on driverside......any one have any suggestions before my truck sees a shop for the FIRST time since ive owned it. almost 4 years ago!

#2 ·
Did you check the turbo pedistal and the ebpv?? Thats what mine was and replaced the pedistal with a non ebpv and all new o rings and prob solved... Just a thought... Good luck...

#3 ·
i have a hypermax mount, i guess it could be that, could pull the turbo off new o ring on the pedistal....

#11 ·
My bad.. i didnt see that in your sig... Still could be the pedistal though if you cant see it.. I never could see mine didnt matter what angle i tried and even used a mirror.. Finally tracked it down when i pulled my turbo and pedistal off...

#4 ·
Check the HPO rail end plugs in the back of the heads. If it's not coming from the valley, or the pedestal, it has to be coming from one of them.

Dave

#5 ·
that just uses a rachet correct?

i cant see under the pedistal, im not sure if it is that or not...

#7 ·
Yes, they are 1/2" square drive, and very tight. If you take them out, go get the updated ones from International, they're ~$6 each last I new, and it's the new style single o-ring and the plug is included.

Dave

#9 ·
i can see that plug laying under the truckm i dont think its that, i cant see anything comming out of it...

#10 ·
if it was the return, wouldnt it run down the driverside of the truck?

#12 ·
is there anywhere else i can run the return line too besides the freeze plug in the valley?

i am pretty sure its the return, nothing else it can be, if i cant use a braided line and run it somewhere else i will tro to silicone it, shove it down in the hole, let it dry, and then try attaching it to the back of the turbo, only problem with that is that line is so hard to bend it will be hard to bend it where i need it to go w.o being able to see it.

#13 ·
Is there anyway you can get a pic of the "oil leak"?

Sounds like me and you have the exact same problem. my entire tranny BH and oil pan looks like someone sprayed oil all over it. My pesestal is leaking but can it cause THAT much oil?

#14 ·
i cant even get under it while itrs running and not get oily, its hitting the flew plate and spraying everywhere, my WHOLEEEE oil pan, trans converter axle and all look like i poured oil on it.

you have a hypermax mount?

#15 ·
First thing first... you got to clean off your motor, get all that oil off there, then start looking.

Once it is dry stick some paper towels under the pumps and around the valley. See which one ends up with oil, if it is that bad then you could just start it up in the driveway and see what you find...

#16 ·
i did, it comes out fast, i started it up in the driveway and looked for about 15 minutes and didnt find where its comming from, its not comming from the valley anywhere, and as far as i can see it isnt the plugs in the head, does that only leave the turbo drain left?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.