Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Go Big or Go Home...I went Home

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  04 hotrod 
#1 ·
Hate to admit it guys, but after a long road of issues with my truck I came to a simple conclusion

I bought my truck as a tow vehicle, and the mods I did to it were making it difficult to tow.

Stripped my truck down to stock yesterday. DPF back on, EGR is open again. Only mods are a banks six gun with speedbrake (for the brake), and an air intake.

Part of this is due to the puking my truck is doing, going to monitor it, and if still continues, banks comes out, airbox comes out, warranty repair.

It's been fun, you kinda gotta love driving a 600 horsepower daily that weights in at 10,500lbs. Watching the face on the mustang driver, or the ricer import as they disappear in the tire smoke is priceless.

I'm done with my confession. I was at the point with my truck where I could go one of 2 ways: Head to Elite and hand them my left nut, or spend my cash on my '53 Ford Pickup... I like my nuts where they are.

#4 ·
I was at the point with my truck where I could go one of 2 ways: Head to Elite and hand them my left nut, or spend my cash on my '53 Ford Pickup... I like my nuts where they are.
We don't want you nuts, but arms and legs are up for consideration.:poke: You're right though, if you have problems after the chip, intake, and exhaust level it gets real expensive real fast.

#5 ·
What programs were you running?

#6 ·
The issue was not with the programs that I am running. I do have some puking issues that arose in the last few weeks.

My issue is that Ford will sell a truck, rate it to tow a 25,000 trailer, and then there is no aftermarket exhaust brakes available. It's just not safe in my opinion.

I really wanted to run a banks speedbrake (which is awesome by the way), but could not get it to work right with the egr blocked, and the dpf removed. It just would not work quite right with aftermarket tuning. Then my cruise control would not work, then it overheated while towing because of custom tunes to get the speedbrake to work.

It's just a long spiral, and I have better places to spend money than on the motor of my tow rig. I have a daily driver as well, and this truck was just bought to pull

Bentley at H&S did a hell of a job trying to get everything to work together on this truck, and I feel bad for him that after all this work I am just going to bail and sell the tuner.

Like I said, closing this pit will allow me to dump some serious coin in my '53 rat rod project.

Maybe I should put a 6.4 in that....hmmmmmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.