Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What Diesel Fuel could be like !!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  06 pos psd 
#1 ·
I just thought this would be a fun and interesting post for some guys...here are the numbers on our High Sulfur Content Test Fuel we run on our Diesel test Engines...pay close attention to the Cetane, PPM Water and Sediment content, Sulfur Content, Acid, Ash and Copper Corrosion numbers....I believe we pay about $7 a gallon for this stuff....

Attachments

#2 ·
Thanks for the post and the informative answer on the fuel additive thread also. What type of diesel test engines are you running?

I am no expert of fuel samples but a couple of items caught my eye.

Very clean fuel sample - no water present at all. The samples of ULSD I have seen have shown from 40-60 ppm water.

Interesting to see the cloud point at -6 and the pour point only 2 degrees lower at -8.

#3 ·
I build and run test's for every major auto manufacture and petroleum company in the world. The tests we run determine if an engine oil or fuel additive or transmission additive, driveline/gear additive gets the ASTM certification. I currently work in the Diesel Engineering Dept. I build Cat, Cummins and Mack engines and run a desired ASTM test so that petroleum companies can get a particular oil certified, if you look on the back of every bottle of oil you will see different certifications that oil has met or surpassed, I'm the person that builds the engines and runs the tests for that certification. Our diesel fuel has to meet a certain criteria whether we're running ULSD, High Sulfur, Bio Diesel or LSD. Every testing agency receives it's fuel from the same refinery to keep everyone honest at the testing facility when it comes to results. It's blended and pumped straight into a tanker truck and then comes straight to us, it never sees a holding tank until it gets to us and our tanks are cleaned constantly to assure a contamination free environment not to mention all the filters it passes through. Run a tank full of this stuff once a month and you should be good to go. But I can neither confirm nor deny I run this fuel in my truck...lol :evil

#4 ·
It's great to have someone with your background and experience on PSN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.