Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone have a Leveling kit on top of their lift?

43K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Myvehiclekit 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a leveling kit (spacers) on top of there lift kits on an 05-07 F250 4x4. I have a 8" Rough country lift and im wanting to put a 2.5" Leveling kit on top of it because the back is higher than the front right now. But all the shops are telling me they wont do it because it already has a lift and it will wear all my front end components out. I have an adjustable trac bar so that wont be a problem. So has anyone had any problems with there leveling kits ontop of there lifts?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Thats a slippery slope there. Cant you address the lift stance/rake at the rear? If not, at least contact the lift manufacturer and see if they recommend it or prohibit it. Im guessing they'll tell you its a bad idea. You can theoretically do anything, but I just hate to see you do it and have it come apart or cause some serious geometry issues.

Did you ever measure the wheelwells from the ground like was mentioned in the last thread you created about this? Id do that first and post the results cuz somebody might have a better answer based on how far out of level you are. You dont want it sittin ass heavy either. THat looks worse, imo. Level is good or slightly raked to the front. Get your tape measure and let us know what you got!

#4 ·
I dont need to measure to know what my eyes see. The front is about 2 inches lower than the rear. I would RATHER it be front high because thats what i prefer. I know others like it the other way but thats the way i want it.

#5 ·
Well put it on then...you said you've got an adjustable trackbar. I dont know what you're looking for. :shrug: I dont pay for your truck or parts/repairs so I can only share what Ive experienced. The spec that was mentioned, I dont think is really the issue here because when you lifted it you went to the higher edge of the spec. To add 2.5" MORE to the front end will put you pretty far out and your front driveshaft will be pointing straight up.

Its your ride, let your pocketbook be your guide.

#9 ·
I ran a 2.5" leveling kit on top of a 6.5" ProComp kit, and cleared 38x15.50's easily. Not that it matters about the tires, just giving you an idea how high it was. It was also leaf sprung. But I use to lift brand new trucks for the dealership to sell like that. They use to make me stack leveling kits over 4" lifts and they sold them that way. Does your kit come with drop components or new raduis arms?

#11 ·
Icon/Donaho used to sell an "upgrade" kit for people to go from their 4.5" kit to about 7" this kit used spacers on top of the coils and then a bunch of the little stuff to make it all work like pitman arm, sway bar end links and other stuff.

not sure if there were any troubles with doing it this way or not though. They also currently selly a 1" TEI spacer that I believe goes on the bottom of the spring instead of the top.

#14 ·
I got an Autospring 2.5" leveling kit. Its a steel spacer that sits on top of the coild spring and slides down into the factorcy rubber spacer on top. Whats the difference in on bottom and top. There is quite abit of length in the adjustments on the 4link. I can the the DR kit because i cant put extensions on top of extensions. I will try it and see what happens.

#18 ·
Now im just waiting to get jack stands that will allow me to drop my axle low enought to get the spacer in. When i put the lift on it was about a 1/2in from making it. Im not paying the $200 to get it installed.

#19 ·
I was wondering the same thing, I have a 6" radius arm drop kit though but I'm only looking for 1-2 more inches of lift all the way around.

#22 ·
I know several people that have installed leveling kits with their lifts. Ive seen/ridin in theses trucks and it seems perfectly fine. i would have to agree with the shops telling you it will wear stuff down faster, but it will do what your wanting.

#26 ·
Front: 14" from the top of the tire to the middle of the wheel well. Back: 15 1/2" from the top of the tire to the middle of the wheel well. There is no other way to achieve what i want (Level or front high) other than a leveling kit or coilovers. Which coilovers are out of the questing. I could lower the back down but i dont want to lose the height. SO that leaves me with a leveling kit. There is no "intelligent" suggestion. Like i said before the rake demensions dont matter when i can see that it is 1-2" lower in the front. So what does that mean? - I need a leveling kit.

#27 ·
Haha your not going to get any where on hear acting like a bitch.

#28 ·
Lol a bitch? good one dude. I guess a simple question cant be answered around here without someone getting all bent out of shape and trying to act like a hard ass that thinks they know everything. It's pretty sad when i get more help off an F150 forum than i do here. lol

#31 ·
If you fuggin know everything than why do you have to ask for advice? And yeah if you ever pull anything or use the truck its gonna be a saggin ass bish, sounds like that might fit you.

I get sick of people asking suspension questions and then getting all pissed off when ya tell em the truth.

Put the spacer on it. Go drive the truck for a while. It'll never do any work or haul anything other than another set of rims when you buy em. Will four 26's fit in a sb? There now Im being a d!ck. You deserve it too ya f'n smara$$. Have fun with your **** shiner pu truck.

#32 ·
And i appreciate all the real personal opinions of people who actually have seen it or done it, but when little girls get there panties in a bunch about me not getting the measurments tha t arent needed when i can straight up tell you its ass high. What "intelligent" advice can you give me from my measurements other than its ass high right now or when i put leveling kit on its going to be nose high. Well #### i never knew that :doh:. duh Its common sense girls. All i wanted to know was the complications which yes SOME of you gave me. Others just bitched

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.