Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Guys runnin duallys on single wheel trucks

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  DMDP 
#1 ·
Just wondering how everyone is seting that up on their trucks. mine are 16inch 285 allterains. I gotta 2 1/2 inch spacer to bolt to the hub. Then from looking at it, it looks like im gonna need an inch of spacer between the wheels. Im just hoping the studs are long enough that come off the first spacer... Its not here yet

Whats your set up?

#3 ·
Yeah 2 inch spacers would have worked for the inside. But I figured I would Just go big to be safe. I know I can drive the studs out and put longer ones in it. Just domt know how long.

#9 ·
my truck is a d r w. with a 2.5" spacer between them.... i run 255s rite now but i got the spacer to run with 285s when its time for new skins pics on my member gallery

#18 ·
Carson has a Dana 80.

Also, OBS trucks came with duals on their sterling 10.25's.

As far as putting power through them on the track....... hit or miss it seems.

If you have your driveline setup right.... 400 hp shouldn't break them.

I was running 33x12.50 Super Swamper STS's somewhere above 600 rwhp all last year. I have had zero breakage in the past 6 years of ownership.

#17 ·
Wow I really never though rhat the stregth of the rear would come into question. I run around on 35 14.50s tsl's and I'm not easy on the truck either. Now ya really got me thinkin

#20 ·
Problay just gonna ho?d off for a while anyways cause there's a lot of pulls comin up that I can run stock class at anyways. What ya think about the quarter tread 35 14.50 tsls for Mason Dixon??

#24 ·
Bump.... would I be ok using 2 1/2 inch aluminum spacers off ebay. Made in usa, 180 bucks for a set of 2. Just use when pulling. I just don't want them to break or something once I'm pullin on the sled hard:doh:
Not gonna run duallys untill later this year in case I do break it. But the spacers jusr give it such a meaner stance with the 14.5 wide tsl's :evil

#26 ·
Ok. That makes me feel better about them..anybody else have anythoughts beforw I go out on the track and rip a tire off and embarass myself:pointlaugh:

#32 ·
Didn't mean to sound ignorant LOL. I'm just gonna put something bigger under it this winter so I'm not tooooo concerned about this one. I'm not running the duals till the end of this season... I just like the way the spacers make the singles stick outi

#35 ·
i think thatll be mean as hell looking. are you running ladder bars or anything like that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.