Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

can inj's be done with the motor in?

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Dieseldweller 
#1 ·
can you r&r inj's with the motor in the chassis?
I have 244k on mine now and I have never had v/c's off since I've owned it- 100k miles at least on wiring harness', inj's and glow plugs- I'm thinking i'll have to dig in pretty soon but don't really want to pull the motor if I don't have to. let me know what you think. thanks.

#3 ·
The only van I've ever worked on was a 96 so I'm not sure if your 2002 is similar, but the passengers side VC was a wicked pain to get out. I actually ended up using a block of wood and a floor jack to jack up the engine on one side so I could get one of the injectors out, the firewall was very close.

#4 ·
thanks guys, I've changed both the hpop lines and all orings on top and it looked like the v/c's would be a bear. I'm afraid to pull the gp's because they have worked so well but if I go in to it I will do them- 244k or at least 100k on them and U just couldn't leave them in. this will probably be a fall project

#6 ·
do you really want that kind of contorting headache?:D

#8 ·
fun,:pointlaugh:
thanks tho'

#9 ·
Injectors are a pain on an E series but, I have done them with out trouble. You will do them from the inside and the outside both ....... LOL

Cover the seats with plastic trash bags, or fender covers to keep them clean. Pass side is a mofo just getting to the VC.

#11 ·
Cover the seats with plastic trash bags, or fender covers to keep them clean. Pass side is a mofo just getting to the VC.
8 fasteners. Pull the damn seats out. Easy R&R.

Put some Styrofoam over the studs in the front floor, you don't wanna kneel on one of them damn things. It hurts. A lot.

#12 ·
yeah, I was planning to pull the seats. welcome to the nation!

#13 ·
Its a pain but doable. Hard part is getting a few of them seated because there is no room to swing anything. Definitely have to jack up the passenger side of engine.

#14 ·
How about the heads? It seems like if you can get both vcs off, you could get the heads off too?

I had #7 injector swapped out a month ago, and they said they pulled the mounts and dropped the motor to get the cover off (what Ford recommended when they called). Problem came back in a few days, so unfortunately it looks like I might have got a bad part and be pulling it out again.

#15 ·
rpm-inc would know more than me, but, I'd wonder if it may be easier to pull the motor?:shrug:

#17 ·
im thinking what a b$tch it'd be to get the stuff off of the front of the motor

#23 ·
no biggie? don't all of the 6.0's have intercoolers?, mine doesn't

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.