Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

King Coilovers

9K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  rob05 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Anyone have pics of a install on these. curious as to how thye mount on the axle.

#6 ·
I have King coil overs up front (2.5" reservoirs) and 2.5" reservoirs out back on a 8" Rize 4-link. Rear springs are 8" DR plush ride. King's are awesome shocks. My father in law thinks my truck rides better than his stock 2008 Duramax 2500.

If you have the money to buy them, they're hard to beat.

#7 ·
I am running them on a 8" lift, front and rear. On the small stuff can be a little harsh, but on high speed and large bumps they eat it up. Tow good also, only had another pickup on a flatbed but not much sag at all. Ohhh and no leaf springs is the best! Had some pics on how they installed but can't find them.
Could take more if requested.

#8 ·
after breaking one of my front Afco shocks this weekend, I would like to get something new. It would be sick to get that set-up to work on my truck with my -2'' drop.

#13 ·
That ride has to be the best,I only went with king3.0 with ressie's and it rides ultra nice,make sure you get the optional control knob that turns from smooth to firm,it's well worth the extra money.I think it was around 80 more on the pair,they can also match up a perfect coil,and shock to ride just as nice.that's the route I went,no complaints thus far.

#20 ·
Optional control knob??? You thinking of Rancho's or are you talking about a bypass adjustment screw?

On topic, its all in the valving of the shocks. The bolt in king's or anything by Carli will ride great and should be dialed in to what our trucks need.

#14 ·
I beleive the ones in the pics are with a mount you have to weld on and cut off the old coil pocket? the ones i was looking are are direct bolt in. anyone have a pic of those...

#16 ·
yeah thats what i mean i dont want to cut the old pocket off if i dont have to.

#17 ·
its actually just the rivets they have in there you have to torch off. i cant see it being very good after, being that its been heated.
i can say that the carli stuff is very nice, but pricy. but you get what you paid for though!

#18 ·
What else would need to be added with the King 2-3" kit?

Is it really that much better than just an Icon 4.5" kit once you consider everything you need and labor costs/time?

Mostly looking for something that will ride a little better, give a better stance, and clear some bigger tires in the future (but really why else would I be looking at a lift?) while still being able to use my truck as a truck (i.e. towing, hauling, getting stuff out of the bed)

#23 ·
My next question is, how many miles can you get out of them before they need to be rebuilt?

#24 ·
Hmm so it is almost a bypass adjustment. Just a valve that reduces or increases oil flow. interesting.

On the topic of miles, it depends on what you are doing with them. For just driving around town and stuff like that, it would be a long time before you would need to rebuild them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.