Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

not sure how to pick rims..

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GTOKILLER 
#1 ·
I've got an 8" rough country lift and right now i'm running 38/15.50/16.5 Super Swamper STS's they only rub a little bit on the back of the leaf spring. The rims are 16.5" M/T Classic II's but to be honest i don't know anything about width or backspacing...I'm wanting to get some new rims for my pickup but how do I figure what dimensions will work best for me?

#2 ·
here is what I've learned over the past months as I'm new to all this stuff. Your tire rim size and wheel rims size need to be the same. Tire width and rim width don't need to be the same, but closer the better. Aluminum are light and great for street and light offroading. Steel rims for rock crawlers and are heavier. Then its just up to you for what design and manufacturer you want. Tonneau Covers, Nerf Bars, Suspension Lift Kits, Fender Flares, Truck Accessories is where I browse all the time.

#3 ·
here is what I've learned over the past months as I'm new to all this stuff. Your tire rim size and wheel rims size need to be the same. Tire width and rim width don't need to be the same, but closer the better. Aluminum are light and great for street and light offroading. Steel rims for rock crawlers and are heavier. Then its just up to you for what design and manufacturer you want. Tonneau Covers, Nerf Bars, Suspension Lift Kits, Fender Flares, Truck Accessories is where I browse all the time.

Man this guy is a GENIUS! :pointlaugh: Tire size and wheel size need to be the same? damn thats why my tires keep falling off?!

Sorry to Derail!

#4 ·
Looks like you have a 2000 or so 99 to 04 I think use a 4.77 backspace, or less, figure out what tires you want to run. If your gonna stick with your swampers get on interco's web site and they will tell you the recommended rim width, Hope this helps. I would suggest a 16.5 X 12 for a tough look & better tire ware. but a 1o wide would work. Keep in mind almost all oversized tires rub the back of the springs, less backspace = less rub, Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.