Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need prayers for a fellow member

24K views 262 replies 122 participants last post by  sick97psd1 
#1 ·
A good friend of mine and a lot of the other Michigan members went missing this afternoon. He goes by Wriott here on the boards.

A bunch of friends of mine and my brother met him at silver lake today. This evening I recieved a call, I was told that him and our friends where swimming out in lake Michigan when he was pulled under and out, I was told two of the guys had his hand and lost him. A number of helicopters and divers with the coast guard are looking for him right now. :(

Everyone send out some prayers to him and his family, I hope more than anything that they find him!

#2 ·
prayers sent let us michigan boys know if we can do anything

#7 ·
Holy ####. Prayers on the way

#12 ·
Prayers sent.

#15 ·
#24 ·
I have it from a pretty good source that the Coast Guard called off the search for the night. Sounds like pretty bad news. Still praying though.

#163 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm terribly sorry to everyone that I wasn't able to keep everyone updated. I was up north saturday and sunday on lake Huron without a computer or much of a phone. Sunday evening I got the call that one of my best buddies drowned. :( I did everything I could to get ahold of Wills x-wife, or parents. After I exhausted my efforts searching for a phone number I started this thread in hope that he would come ashore as fine as can be. Like I said I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep you all updated as the situation progressed.

Basically as another recap of the story, because I need to say it to vent; Will headed out to the dunes saturday night to ride. He had begged me all week to come out with him, but I just couldn't make it because I've been so tired and worn out from work. I wished to god that I would've went with him and gotten to have some fun talking before he past. Will met up with our buddies at the camp ground saturday night (Jake, Casey, Steven, and Drew) and spent some good quality time together talking and BSing around a fire. They all got up and headed to the dunes saturday morning to do what Will loved. Spend some time on the dunes riding and enjoying the time! There are some good pictures of them all I'll have to upload. They all got hot somewhere around 4:30p.m. and went for a swim. Drew had stayed back at the truck since he didn't want to swim. The rest of the guys went out to the first sandbar, I was told that after the swim to the first sandbar Will got pretty tired so he floated on his back for awhile. They all decided to head out to the second, and made it fine, talked and enjoyed the water. Steven and Casey swam back to the first sandbar, and Jake and Will where right behind them. This was right between the first and second sandbar heading to the first sandbar. I was told it was about 10' deep between them. This is when Will started to have trouble, Jake was just ahead of him when he heard him screaming for help. Jake said he was having trouble staying afloat and had to get to the first sandbar where he could stand up and had Casey and Steven go out to help. When they where trying to help they said his eyes where wide open and he only kept getting heavier like he had taken in water and was loosing concsiousness. Casey couldn't stay up or hold him any longer so he had to go back to the first sandbar. Steven was doing everything he could to hold onto his hand while he kept getting heavier, he couldn't hold on anymore because he was getting pulled under. He had held on as long as he could. While Steven and Casey where doing everything they could to help Jake was screaming for help from people making his way to shore as quickly as possible. One enourmously outgoing man got out there as fast as he could with a tube, and made it out to Steven just shortly after he lost Will's hand. He kept Steven afloat with the tube and spent at least 10 minutes searching for Will but couldn't find his body. I beleive that he could've possibly lost conciousness before he went under becasue he only kept getting heavier. I don't know how or what could've caused him to start taking in water and loose conciousness. Whether it was the water, depth, current, and tiredness or something medical that led to the first moutful of water I don't know. I just know, after hearing the story the current wasn't the sole reason he was taken under, but was the main reason he was taken away and went missing. He was found on shore JUST north of the silverlake sand dunes by someone on their morning walk monday morning at about 6a.m.
R.I.P Will Iott 8/24/1984 - 7/4/2010

And an enourmously huge thanks goes out to Jake, Casey, Steven, and Drew for doing everything they could to save his life! He knows you guys tried and did everything you could, and for that we thank you!!

I've done everything I can to maintain contact and help with Wills parents (Dennis and Barb(I believe that's his wifes name)) and his ex wife (Kelly). They've been more than appreciative for everything I've been able to do for them including picking up the truck and quad. I told his father Dennis about this thread and all the donations and he is more than greatful for all the help and donations everyone is lending!

All I have to say is that he died at one of his favorite places to visit, having a blast. Everyone said that he was by far the most axious to get out there sunday morning.
Also, in my opinion Will would've wanted us to celebrate all the good memories we have of him and his great accomplishments rather than stay upset persistantly mourning the loss of him. He was just that kind of a guy, and the world is a lessor place without him. :( We all loved him, and miss him!

The search was called off at dark sunday night, and everyone is also very appreciative for all the effort put into trying to find Will.

Cat_Rebel and Will at our Michigan GTG...

tomboyup and Will - same GTG
Good memories were made and will forever be logged in our hearts.
Thanks Barb for the greatly missed memories of good times. Hang in there!

Personally I would like to thank everyone for the help for the Iott family, it is greatly appreciated and hasn't gone un noticed.

#27 ·
Wow - what a stab to the heart.....I'm prayin for a miracle and for all of us that knew him. Too many tears here....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.